TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

"strange" wear trace on winter tires

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by yngve.bastesen, Jul 11, 2017.

1. yngve.bastesen

yngve.bastesen New Member

My 85D, 4 wheel drive, 42000km. Changed to winter tires and saw some strange wear trace on all four winter tires on the same place (Pirelli 1245/45 R19). I have changed tires front to back, so if this is caused by something on the car touching the rubber it might be so, or as they said at the Tesla shop in Drammen that "this mark is common for Pirelli". This is probably no big safety issue, but "something has happened" and it would be interesting to know if someone else out there has seen something like it .....

IMG_4460.JPG IMG_4462.JPG

2. nico180

nico180 Serge

seen this before, i personally don't have this. but somehow this is common indeed.

3. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

I've noticed it on all four of my winter (Pirelli) and summer (Michelin) tires. Can't figure out what could be causing it. Might be something with the internal structure of the tire causing some wiggle there.