Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stranger Battery Issue - Increased Range RWD LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok...

Anyone seeing this?

Last Friday, I wen to a SC to charge to 90% - Charging completed at 279 miles....

Upon driving out of the lot.... Mileage changed to 282 miles... Thought it very strange...

Today, I pull in and start charging at a SC (same spot as above) to 100% for a trip.... When the it gets to 310 miles, instead of it telling me charging was complete, the notification switched to "Calculating".... I let it sit like that for another 10 minutes to see if the mileage would change, but it sat at 310.... So, I unlocked and drove away...

I drove the car 4 miles (on a highway) before the mileage dropped to 309...

Thoughts?

My thoughts are, when you charge to 100% the BMS re calculates the battery levels so one should let it do its thing when you charge to 100% .

I have yet to see 310 the 3 times I charged to 100%. 308 is as high as my car got, but I dont have RWD LR which is the mileage tesla king right now.

Last Friday, I wen to a SC to charge to 90% - Charging completed at 279 miles....

Upon driving out of the lot.... Mileage changed to 282 miles... Thought it very strange...

That's an estimation of the state of charge of the battery that has been converted to the approximate number of miles you can drive.

It's not an odometer, it's a rough estimate that gets recalculated using the latest data, ie. battery temperature, voltage, etc. so you can expect it to vary a little.