Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strangest Tesla’s at the supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
45511E54-767A-4735-93F9-EAC46064FB12.jpeg

I’ve had this happen a few times there unfortunately the stations are marked for hotel guests to park during certain hours.

When I arrived, 6 cars were charging and 3 ice cars parked in charging stalls, one of the ice cars was in a stall that did not have the sign allowing them to park there, lucky for me one stall was open (and I was paired with an ice car so got the full 117kw!) as I did not have range to make it to Oxnard, I left Paso Robles after 9 pm and drove 225 miles, would have been a real drag to have to wait for a stall, I don't understand why they allow parking at any supercharging stalls ever.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: davidc18 and P85_DA
I take delivery of my T3 at the end of the month. First thing I'm doing is going to Costco, parking my Tesla in front of a gas pump and going inside to shop...
If you were in NJ, people do that sh*t all the time especially at Wawa (similar to 7-11’s). They’ll park to get gas and then go into the Wawa to shop instead of waiting until their tank is filled and then pulling into a regular spot not at the pump. Lazy sh*ts

• Funny
Reactions: jsrawa and P85_DA
If you were in NJ, people do that sh*t all the time especially at Wawa (similar to 7-11’s). They’ll park to get gas and then go into the Wawa to shop instead of waiting until their tank is filled and then pulling into a regular spot not at the pump. Lazy sh*ts

I miss Wawas. I still listen to 94WIP (or I did until Entercom pulled all its stations off of TuneIn) and one day one of the hosts had a two-hour rant about people blocking the fuel pumps while shopping at Wawa.

The crazy thing is that there seemed to me to be adequate parking within 100 to 200 feet from the cars that were parked in the supercharger spots, I did not see any handicap plates or signs so I guess its just pure selfishness or laziness? more likely both.

If I would give the benefit of doubt I guess it could be a lack of awareness as to the importance of access for Tesla travelers?

When I arrived I got the last spot and 2 or 3 cars must have just finished up as I went into the hotel for a few minutes but there could have easily been a line because 3 people decided that a few feet closer to the hotel would be a much better parking spot.

Personally I prefer to see Tesla put the Superchargers as far out in the parking lot as possible as then no one wants to ice them, Madonna Inn, Monterey, Oxnard to name some

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: davidc18 and Pkmmte
Personally I prefer to see Tesla put the Superchargers as far out in the parking lot as possible as then no one wants to ice them, Madonna Inn, Monterey, Oxnard to name some
Power access likely makes the charge stations closer to the building. I found SuCs that are successfully on the fringes of parking lots in PA, WV, NC and SC. Loving East Coast electric road trips!

When will someone, anyone, partner with real travel stops on freeways (Flying J, Pilot, Loves, TA, etc) for DC fast charging? Will Electrify America do it?

03E6375C-003A-4DA2-988B-B384A6649618.jpeg

OK, I need to add chains to my standard vehicle gear so that I can tow these folks away, sorry if I blow out your
tranny

Alternative to towing chains, a (ca. 5m long) Supercharger extension cord would be interesting.

That way you could stop right in front of the ICE, start charging and then hang out nearby with eyes on both cars.

Then if the ICE owner returns while you are still stopping there, you can make sure they understand their error while you finalize your parking.