Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strata Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an update to all of this.

Body Corporate approved the install, There will be a few members there to witness the install. For some reason they don't trust me (or the sparky) to connect it to my meter.

One member went to the fire station to get them to sign a letter saying they wont attend if the place burns down... They thankfully got laughed out of the fire house.
I don't know what I've done to piss them off for them to take this action, but anyway....

My X is currently on a boat making its way over here now and collecting the wall connector next week sometime :)

Hope you take your car to the fire station for some orientation!

Reactions: powerfactor
I think my point is a $400k house is grossly disproportionate for a $160k car. Realistically most people wouldn't even consider a car that expensive until they are sitting in a place with a value of multiple of 7 figures. It's basic economics: not spending a large proportion of your wealth on a depreciating asset, and spending a good chunk of it on a primary residents, which is free from capital gains tax. You can spend your money how you like, but that is really against the grain.
It depends how much you want a Tesla. If you want one badly enough then it's even reasonable to have one as your only asset in this world.
I could have spent my $150K on many other things, but none of them would have given me half as much reward as my Model S.

There will be a few members there to witness the install. For some reason they don't trust me (or the sparky) to connect it to my meter.
How will they know what the sparkie is doing is correct? Looky-loos. Ugh. Warn your guy to have all his cards on him that day.

One member went to the fire station to get them to sign a letter saying they wont attend if the place burns down... They thankfully got laughed out of the fire house.
I'd love to see how they worded this (triumphantly, I'm sure) when telling you, and would love even more to see the security footage at the fire station.

176 days and its installed! Wooohoo!! I can charge at home now!
Delays all around but $2400ish later Its done!

Attachments

• IMG_6801.JPG
    IMG_6801.JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 66