Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streak Free Windows?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks - OK so while this not specifically Tesla related, I'm sure others may appreciate the input. As someone who likes to keep his Tesla as clean as possible, does anyone have any great methods to keep the interior glass, specifically the windshield clean and streak free? I've tried Windex/paper towels, glass cleaner/microfibre and I can't seem to get the streaks and film to not show inside the car.

Anyone have any good tips to get glass super clean and streak free?

If you have added a tint film to the glass then follow the tint manufacturer's cleaning instructions.

I use Invisible Glass cleaner (the spray and the aerosol version) on a clean microfiber cleaning cloth. The Invisible Glass wand makes it easy to clean all corners of the inside of the windshield and the hatch glass.

Re microfiber cloth: Wash microfiber fabric in cold water, never warm or hot water. Do not use fabric softener. Hang to dry or dry in the clothes dryer on the air only setting (no dryer heat.) Heat damages microfiber cloth.

• Helpful
Reactions: jpy1980
I had the same question. I heard good things about Chemical Guys products and found this video.

I bought their streak free wash and waffle patterned microfiber cloths and my windows look great, not much work. Just spray, wipe down and then dry with a separate cloth. Bammo.

Reactions: Marcust99
I use this tool, along with Invisible Glass spray can.
1631053796021.jpeg

I second the recommendation for Invisible Glass aerosol version. I have had sometimes good results with the trigger spray version, which of course is cheaper per ounce. However the trigger spray I think does not contain any alcohol , or if it does it will evaprate over time. The aerosol version is more effective and stable over time.

Newspaper is a time-honored method; the traditional ink formulations had a bit of carrier solvent and a an oily base that fills micro-scratches. But like a lot of chemical formulations, my guess is that there's pressure to get away from the good old hydrocarbons. So I wouldn't assume that newspaper for windshield cleaning will continue to behave just as it has before.

One of my old bosses told me that he worked at a filling station as a high schooler (back when they were called "service stations" and they cleaned & checked everything for your 29 cents/gallon) and their formula used Bon Ami with newspaper.

Sam's club has a six pack of this and it works great.

Hey folks - OK so while this not specifically Tesla related, I'm sure others may appreciate the input. As someone who likes to keep his Tesla as clean as possible, does anyone have any great methods to keep the interior glass, specifically the windshield clean and streak free? I've tried Windex/paper towels, glass cleaner/microfibre and I can't seem to get the streaks and film to not show inside the car.

Anyone have any good tips to get glass super clean and streak free?
I swear by and ONLY use Invisible Glass glass cleaner (the pump bottle, not the foam). I clean with white, 100% cotton lint free glass towels that I buy on Amazon. This for me, is the only thing that is truly streak free!