TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Streaks in UV coating

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Yoonoo, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Yoonoo

Yoonoo Member

Just noticed these streaks in the UV coating near the top of the windshield. Not sure if it's a common occurrence but it looks like another defect to add to the long list of issues with the Model X.

Photo Jul 26, 11 10 57 AM.jpg Photo Jul 26, 11 11 09 AM.jpg Photo Jul 26, 11 11 18 AM.jpg

2. Tiger

Tiger Member

3. blake6551

blake6551 Member

I have the same. My windshield has no ghosting though so no damn way I'm risking a replacement if it's a defect!

4. Yoonoo

Yoonoo Member

I have some ghosting but I don't find it too bothersome. Not sure how it compares to others since the only other Model X I drove was during the day.

5. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

tint the windshield with ceramic tint...:D

6. G1000Pilot

G1000Pilot Member

Got them too... doesn't bother me one bit

7. outie

outie Active Member

Is this the same streak?

IMG_1226 2.JPG

8. Yoonoo

Yoonoo Member

This looks different. In my case the streaks are uniform across the top part of the windshield and disappear about half way between the top and the rear-view mirror. Also, I wasn't able to see them from outside, maybe I need to check under different lighting.

9. blake6551

blake6551 Member

Mine are horizontal and end in the upper tinted part. If I'm looking at what you're seeing, that is something on the glass.

I had that on an old Acura and it drove me ballistic as moisture seemed to stick to whatever was on the window. I tried everything and eventually a rock cracked it and I got a new windshield.