TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Streaks on interior window

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ckwong, Jun 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ckwong

ckwong Member

Has anybody had this on both rear passenger window? After wiping it off and reopening the windows it comes back. It's only been 2 weeks...didn't get a chance to check this on D-day as I was too busy checking for other issues. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I develop some streaks but they are much lighter than yours if I roll down the window when they are dirty. A car wash solves the problem until they become dirty again

• Helpful x 1
  3. zackmilo

zackmilo Chrome Delete and lowering champion

Had the same thing. It got better over time. You can take it so SvC

4. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

I've had this since last August. I've done the roll down and up and wipe countless times.

I brought this to Tesla and they won't do anything because I got my windows tinted. They said it's left over from the stuff they put on for delivery or something along those lines.

5. SUMD

SUMD Member

I have the same issue, and I don't agree with their explanation- my windows had those lines prior to them having been tinted. Additionally, the FWD windows do the same thing o_O

6. ckwong

ckwong Member

This is happening to the FWD windows so they are factory tinted. I have an apt. with SC on tues for other issues so I will bring this up. Thanks guys!

7. stillageek

stillageek Member

Ours do this as well on the FWDs. I keep meaning to use Aquapel cleaner on them and the base.

8. SUMD

SUMD Member

Please let us know if you have success with the aquapel- thanks

9. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

I should clarify, it's the FWDs, fronts weren't as bad and I don't think they do it anymore.

10. outie

outie Active Member

I thought we all have this issue.

11. ckwong

ckwong Member

I'll report back after speaking with SC since my streaks are very noticeable.

12. outie

outie Active Member

Do you open the window all the way up/down in 1 shot or at various heights?

I only have 1 line which is from opening the window all the way down, then the streak would form immediately.

13. ckwong

ckwong Member

The window was opened at various heights but I will clean it and try again to see if it makes any difference.

14. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

Noticed this too on my overnight drive.

Looks like the only solution would be to wipe the windows down each time or not open them at all :(:mad:

15. Pandamoanium

Pandamoanium Member

While not a big or even terrible issue, the small things really start to add up sometimes. Guess it's just helping us all bob up and down to look out, exercise!

16. Seattle Tom

Seattle Tom Member

I've got them, especially on the fwd windows. X received on June 1, so it's on my list when I take it into the service center. Mostly small issues like this which are annoying but not disastrous.

17. joebob73

joebob73 Member

I had this issue on my X as well. When I took it to the service center, they mentioned that they see this a lot and it comes from some residue on the inside of the door in newly manufactured X's. They take the door apart and wipe off certain parts to remove the residue. Upon initial servicing, it was better, but not completely clear. Now that I've had the car for a couple of months after the service, it is completely clear. Hope that helps.

• Helpful x 1
  18. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Member

I had a little bit on this on my X. Used some detailers clay (like I use on paint) and it was easily removed.

19. ckwong

ckwong Member

After wiping it off it just comes back when ever I open the windows so like @joebob73 said I think there is probably some kind of residue inside the door...My MX is going in for service so I'll see what they say. Thanks though!

20. earlyretirement

earlyretirement Model X 90D

Yep. I've had this happen from Day 1 since I got it last August 2016. It's annoying. I will wash the windows well but if you roll down the windows the annoying lines come back. Doesn't seem to be any way to get rid of it.