Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaks on rear diffuser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there auto detailing experts.
What is happening in this picture?

The streaks are always there, even after vigorously wiping with a damp cloth.

Can I make it go away with something simple like armor all?

Attachments

• 69A00BBA-9A9B-4DE3-BB9A-67615E150ED7.jpeg
    69A00BBA-9A9B-4DE3-BB9A-67615E150ED7.jpeg
    531.3 KB · Views: 99
I'll test again tomorrow but my recollection is it's much less noticeable when wet. I mean that's what's frustrating while you're rubbing it out with a damp cloth, at first you think it's working, then it dries and you realize you're right back where you started..

The only reason I ask is because if it looks "normal" when it's wet, you'll have a better chance using a trim restorer. I've used Mother's "Back to Black" in with good success but it appears there are many other products out there. Watch this video and make a decision for yourself:

Good luck!

Reactions: Harvey Danger
Try a white eraser like the one in the following link. This is similar to wax on the plastic where it'll just reappear even after wiping it off..
Interesting!

It's like the famous internet photo of the dress where people couldn't decide if it was white/gold or blue/black. I was looking at my bumper like it was a few black streaks on a lighter faded gray bumper. But your suggestion made me look at it like many white streaks covering the majority of an originally dark bumper.

And sure enough if I took a typical white rubber eraser like we used to use in engineering school and worked on the *lighter * areas, they got darker.

Not sure how many erasers it would take to finish the whole project. :)

I might still investigate the spray products recommended above as well..

Reactions: Aaron14902
Ok, can't edit the above post (missed it by one minute argh!) but I *can* update..

It's definitely dark streaks on a faded gray background.

So instead of 'erasing' the whole bumper first, I'm going to try to apply some kind of treatment (similar to whatever created the streaks in the first place) to the whole bumper to even things out.. stay tuned..

Attachments

• 52975C14-3064-4CFF-BAC7-9B624F9A1488.jpeg
    52975C14-3064-4CFF-BAC7-9B624F9A1488.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: Aaron14902
The only reason I ask is because if it looks "normal" when it's wet, you'll have a better chance using a trim restorer. I've used Mother's "Back to Black" in with good success but it appears there are many other products out there. Watch this video and make a decision for yourself:

Good luck!
Ok I watched this video and settled on Chemical Guys. Here is a picture of it in action. So much better. Thank you @ngng !
A0253260-FB51-4FCE-AF9F-E83FC31916B0.jpeg