Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaks XPEL stealth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have streaks on their XPEL stealth PPF? This just showed up after 7 months of installation. It’s odd because it didn’t have streaks in July after installation. Seemed to appear in these cold winter months

Its definitely under the film. I haven’t applied anything to the film and only hand wash.
83835B03-FA03-4596-8526-C2E8BE50DDC1.jpeg
6AA27F82-E40A-4B38-B6B3-7C01E45E5252.jpeg

Reactions: GeoG
That seems like something that would happen during manufacturing of the film. Could be imprints made from the roller of sorts since the stripes and dead-straight and of even width. I would get at least the hood re-done.

That is not good. Defect in the product itself. How could whomever did that let it out the door. Ask them to redo. Completely unacceptable. Is it possible that you didn't notice before. Alternatively, it could be UV change but XPEL have protection so that very odd. Trust me, I have been doing PPF fully on all my cars for years and I know.

That is not good. Defect in the product itself. How could whomever did that let it out the door. Ask them to redo. Completely unacceptable. Is it possible that you didn't notice before. Alternatively, it could be UV change but XPEL have protection so that very odd. Trust me, I have been doing PPF fully on all my cars for years and I know.
Not sure of the cause, the defects didn’t appear for 6 months after installation. I don’t think it’s UV related. Car is always garaged and it didn’t present itself until the colder weather began.

installer will replace it soon

Anyone else have streaks on their XPEL stealth PPF? This just showed up after 7 months of installation. It’s odd because it didn’t have streaks in July after installation. Seemed to appear in these cold winter months

Its definitely under the film. I haven’t applied anything to the film and only hand wash. View attachment 628886View attachment 628889
Mind if I ask how much you paid for this? I had a M3 SR+ that I just sold today. Ordered the LR and thinking of getting it Xpel stealth full cover. Do you like it? Would you do it again? What would you do differently? Appreciate any help/ input you can provide.