Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaming audio - Is it ME or is there an issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y, June 2020 vintage: I listen to livestreams (radio stations) on TuneIn almost exclusively, and I am frustrated with multiple problems: The streams will take a long time to establish, even with 4-5 bars on the signal meter. If the signal drops momentarily, the streams seldom resume, sometimes just stopping with the play arrow appearing. Sometimes the play arrow will turn gray - WTF is that? If I'm listening and leave the car for a few minutes and come back, invariably the stream will either never resume, or will play a minute or so of old sound, then suddenly jump to the live feed. Or, I'll hear a short burp of sound followed by silence.
I've NEVER had a car that would not resume playing the station I was previously listening to. Before I engage Tesla service, can anyone tell me whether this is common behavior for the Model Y? It's unacceptable in any case, but maybe they are working on a fix.

It has been a common problem for many through the various software releases over the past year. Some releases have been rock solid where the music stream works 100% of the time while other software releases have issues you describe. It's frustrating but taking it into Service service probably won't fix the problem.