Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaming audio - Is it ME or is there an issue?

gallde

Jun 30, 2020
Tarrytown, NY
Model Y, June 2020 vintage: I listen to livestreams (radio stations) on TuneIn almost exclusively, and I am frustrated with multiple problems: The streams will take a long time to establish, even with 4-5 bars on the signal meter. If the signal drops momentarily, the streams seldom resume, sometimes just stopping with the play arrow appearing. Sometimes the play arrow will turn gray - WTF is that? If I'm listening and leave the car for a few minutes and come back, invariably the stream will either never resume, or will play a minute or so of old sound, then suddenly jump to the live feed. Or, I'll hear a short burp of sound followed by silence.
I've NEVER had a car that would not resume playing the station I was previously listening to. Before I engage Tesla service, can anyone tell me whether this is common behavior for the Model Y? It's unacceptable in any case, but maybe they are working on a fix.

Mike_TV

Apr 29, 2020
Chicagoland
It has been a common problem for many through the various software releases over the past year. Some releases have been rock solid where the music stream works 100% of the time while other software releases have issues you describe. It's frustrating but taking it into Service service probably won't fix the problem.

tesserab

Dec 21, 2017
Frisco, TX
I noticed that the far left recent streaming selections got stuck. I re-searched for the podcasts and it seemed to clear the problem when freshly reloaded.

2017 MX MCU1 HW3

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC