TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Streaming radio: "This channel is not available in your listening area."

Discussion in 'Model S' started by SSonnentag, May 14, 2018.

1. SSonnentag

SSonnentag Supporting Member

I have a local AM radio station that I listen to occasionally. Normally I stream it instead of using AM directly because AM sounds like ([email protected] and the stream is in stereo and sounds great. But for the past few weeks all I get is a repeating message, "This station is not available in your listening area." Any ideas on what may have changed? I can stream the same station on my computer or phone without any issues.

2. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

When it comes to streaming, there can be a lot of really stupid license agreements out there. Often, it may be something like a sports broadcast, but could be a specific program that the station subscribes to.
    Since it sounds as if may now be permanent, I'd suggest calling the station for more information. They may have been bought.

• Like x 1