Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaming songs stopping at 40 seconds left

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 70D with 8.0

When using Streaming Audio, songs keep stopping, and then skipping to the next song, with 40 seconds remaining. I've been noticing it more and more. Not sure if it's more prevalent with curated playlists, but I'm currently listening to the Tesla Top 20, it's happening every 3 out of 4 songs. Not for each song though, so that's even more annoying, as it's not predictable.

Any ideas?? Anyone else notice this??

I have reset both screens, and it has persisted.

Sometimes (not as often as you) my song stops with about 40 seconds left and skips to the next song after 5 seconds of silence or so.

I thought it was due to a bad signal because I'm using slacker internet radio. I didn't have this problem prior to 8.0 though.

Mine has been doing something similar: when changing to a new streaming station, it plays 20 seconds or so of the first song, stops, pauses for a few seconds, and then starts playing a new song. Especially annoying if you actually wanted to listen to that song, given Slacker won't let you skip back, and searching for it again won't result in the song playing again.

Sometimes (not as often as you) my song stops with about 40 seconds left and skips to the next song after 5 seconds of silence or so.

I thought it was due to a bad signal because I'm using slacker internet radio. I didn't have this problem prior to 8.0 though.

This is EXACTLY what mine is doing. Glad to see it's not just me. I'll send my nastygram to Tesla Support now.....

2015 70D with 8.0

When using Streaming Audio, songs keep stopping, and then skipping to the next song, with 40 seconds remaining. I've been noticing it more and more. Not sure if it's more prevalent with curated playlists, but I'm currently listening to the Tesla Top 20, it's happening every 3 out of 4 songs. Not for each song though, so that's even more annoying, as it's not predictable.

Any ideas?? Anyone else notice this??

I have reset both screens, and it has persisted.

I'm having the same issue. Doesn't seem to be related to the channel I am on. Does it on any channel. Sometimes it's every song, sometimes it's not. Bummer. :confused:

Created an account just for this. Same problem for me, but it happens with every song, not just first time getting in car.
Everyone report this issue so it gets fixed!
Is it really EVERY song?
It might be that if you have a flaky data connection, the songs don't get fully buffered and skip. However, if it's every song and you have a good connection, it could be some other problem.

Same here and initially, I thought it was a data issue but the frequency of it happening makes me believe it's 8.0 instead of data connectivity since I'm driving in the same area I had been driving in before 8.0 upgrade and never had this issue. It happens frequently but seems random. I don't notice a pattern although it is really annoying when it's a song I like.

Someone said to report it. Are we to email Tesla or doing some type of screen capture via the driving wheel controls?