Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaming XM - Freezes and Drop-Outs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depends... I listen to the Sirius XM app daily and it's a mixed bag. I like to keep it on Howard100 and when I get in the car after being away for a few hours (and listening to nothing else on the phone in that time) When I get back in the car one of the following happens with about equal probability:
  1. Howard 100 starts again with the live stream
  2. Howard 100 starts from where it was when I got out of the car
  3. Random podcast from my podcast app starts playing
  4. Random Apple Music song starts playing
  5. Nothing - I have to pull phone out and start the SXM app
As for the app dropping out/freezing, that doesn't really happen to me. I had an issue once or twice where audio drops out, but it still looks like everything is "playing" fine. If I pause/unpause that usually brings it back. Sometimes I have to unlock my phone and pause/unpause from there.

I so wish they had a SXM app for the car. Once they start charging the annual fee for the premium connectivity, I hope they make some changes to make it worth it.

Reactions: Prunesquallor
No issues with dropouts or freezing. The music may not start back up automatically if I leave and come back. What quality stream do you have it set to? If you are on maximum (I am) and are having these issues try a lower quality and see if the dropouts stop.

No issues with dropouts or freezing. The music may not start back up automatically if I leave and come back. What quality stream do you have it set to? If you are on maximum (I am) and are having these issues try a lower quality and see if the dropouts stop.
Yeah, I had it on maximum. I’ll try reducing it and see if that helps.