Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stroller that fits the Model 3 Frunk!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was looking for a stroller to fit in the Model 3 frunk and found two models that do.
1. GB Pockit Stroller
2. Babyzen Yoyo

I tried out the Pockit stroller at BuyBuyBaby. And though it's much smaller folded up than the Babyzen Yoyo (I believe you can fit even 2 of these into the Model 3 frunk), it's really a compromised stroller. The wheels and frame seem rickety and the canopy and basket are way too small.

So I ordered the Babyzen Yoyo Stroller and it fits perfectly! And it's a great stroller to boot, comfy to push with a great big canopy. Here's a picture of it in the frunk.

IMG_0752.jpg

I was just searching the forum for a topic such as this! I too was interested in the Pockit but I don't know if I could live with all the compromises. This Babyzen Yoyo seems like a nice alternative. Although it is very expensive.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions? I'm looking for something that can live in the frunk.

I have the pockit. Although it's spartan design compromises pretty much all the modern conveniences of today's strollers, it gets the job done when all you need it for is to shuttle a little person around. We even have 2 covers for it, one for sun and one for rain so didnt feel like it sacrificed anything (both fit over the entire thing). Found just the right backpack to fit it and the covers plus even room for a changing pad and diapers. It was priceless when we brought our 1 yr old on a cruise. And yes, 2 fit in the frunk. Of course we have the city select lux as the daily stroller, this is more of a travel stroller. I keep both in trunk.

20180812_154140.jpg
20180812_154109.jpg
20180812_154212.jpg
20180812_153938.jpg

I have the pockit. Although it's spartan design compromises pretty much all the modern conveniences of today's strollers, it gets the job done when all you need it for is to shuttle a little person around. We even have 2 covers for it, one for sun and one for rain so didnt feel like it sacrificed anything (both fit over the entire thing). Found just the right backpack to fit it and the covers plus even room for a changing pad and diapers. It was priceless when we brought our 1 yr old on a cruise. And yes, 2 fit in the frunk. Of course we have the city select lux as the daily stroller, this is more of a travel stroller. I keep both in trunk.

View attachment 325268 View attachment 325269 View attachment 325270 View attachment 325271

How do you find the sturdiness of it? Also, can you show what the covers look like?

I'm looking for a second stroller to keep in my frunk. I have a britax b-agile in my CUV.I just don't want to have to keep swapping it around from car to car. Also, I want the one I buy for my 3 to double as a travel stroller.

Thank you!

How do you find the sturdiness of it? Also, can you show what the covers look like?

I'm looking for a second stroller to keep in my frunk. I have a britax b-agile in my CUV.I just don't want to have to keep swapping it around from car to car. Also, I want the one I buy for my 3 to double as a travel stroller.

Thank you!

So sorry, I forgot about this thread!

It's functional, sturdy when going about the day, wobbly but doesn't feel like it's going to collapse on itself. The trickiest part is opening and closing it definitely has a learning curve. All the people you see on vids doing it make it look like its smooth as butter. Maybe I got a tight one or maybe I'm just weak af lol but ours is a p.i.t.a. to open/close. I have to almost snap my wrists just to open it and I almost always pinch my fingers closing it.

Here's some pics. I don't remember where I got the brica mesh stroller cover from, but it folds like those collapsible round car windshield shades.

40122536_666737497037128_3003746109295165440_n.jpg
39991419_1982184852071916_4455557708040372224_n.jpg
39990204_1045833295593935_5985095321351356416_n.jpg
39983958_273635329917256_7491812033956937728_n.jpg
39983945_1134362460045053_3335889029945098240_n.jpg

Last edited:
don't mean to hijack this thread, but its on a related topic.

What do you think of the "baby on board" sign? Do you think its effective or helps people around you to be more cautious. We have a daughter, our first, about 11 months old now, but I haven't put a sticker yet. Mainly because I think it is not effective (because its ON even when my kid isn't in the car) but I also have a very dark tint on the rear windshield of my bmw so the sticker/tag will not be visible.

I was thinking of a tiny LED/LCD screen that is triggered by weight on the car seat or something along those lines. So that the sign is off when there is no kid in the car.

Does anyone have a better idea? or maybe I am overthinking this.... :p

• Funny
Reactions: forkee
don't mean to hijack this thread, but its on a related topic.

What do you think of the "baby on board" sign? Do you think its effective or helps people around you to be more cautious. We have a daughter, our first, about 11 months old now, but I haven't put a sticker yet. Mainly because I think it is not effective (because its ON even when my kid isn't in the car) but I also have a very dark tint on the rear windshield of my bmw so the sticker/tag will not be visible.

I was thinking of a tiny LED/LCD screen that is triggered by weight on the car seat or something along those lines. So that the sign is off when there is no kid in the car.

Does anyone have a better idea? or maybe I am overthinking this.... :p

Make a magnetic sticker that says "STUDENT DRIVER" and slap it on the trunk. You will have the biggest gap behind you lol

• Funny
Reactions: peebrayne
@Icenks From the video I’ve seen of the LTE, I don’t think it will fit. If it does, it would be really close.

We have a Nuna Mixx for local use and a Pocket that basically stays in the frunk for travel/vacation or when we need the extra space. The Nuna is definitely the nicer stroller, but it takes up almost half the trunk and just doesn’t work for us when space is at a premium. The Pocket has worked great for these situations though, and it’s priced very reasonably.

Good luck!

@Icenks From the video I’ve seen of the LTE, I don’t think it will fit. If it does, it would be really close.

We have a Nuna Mixx for local use and a Pocket that basically stays in the frunk for travel/vacation or when we need the extra space. The Nuna is definitely the nicer stroller, but it takes up almost half the trunk and just doesn’t work for us when space is at a premium. The Pocket has worked great for these situations though, and it’s priced very reasonably.

Good luck!

Thanks for the heads up

Reactions: Drax
Registered an account here just to post confirming that the Babyzen Yoyo pram DOES NOT FIT into the 2023 M3 frunk (pre-Highlander).

However, it does fit into the under-boot storage in the Model 3. If you have optional leg rest then you need to stretch it out per the photo. There's space underneath as well for other things (eg foldable shopping box) too. It's a tight fit which means you'll need to take the official backpack bag (but that's easy to store on top).

IMG_8087.jpg