Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strollers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello:

Was wondering if folks with a model 3 with kids have experience with strollers and long trips?
I know the documented cargo volumes are online, but was wondering if anyone has personal experience with difficulty going on trips due to strollers not fitting?

I know there are collapsible ones, but the large jogging strollers I’m less sure about.

Thanks!

Hello:

Was wondering if folks with a model 3 with kids have experience with strollers and long trips?
I know the documented cargo volumes are online, but was wondering if anyone has personal experience with difficulty going on trips due to strollers not fitting?

I know there are collapsible ones, but the large jogging strollers I’m less sure about.

Thanks!
Fah-git abowdit! Probably won't fit or you'll have to get a MY. 😀

We actually took our stroller to the service center prior to purchasing the M3 so see how it fits. We have an Uppababy Vista - and it takes up about half the rear trunk. There's a way to remove the seat itself to get it in there in a more compact way, but typically we don't take it anywhere. For trips we take an Uppababy Minu. It works pretty well, folds up compact, and you can pop the rear wheels of really easily (and they fit nicely down in that little storage cubby on the left side of the trunk.

With the Minu in the trunk I'm still able to fit a full size Coleman Extreme cooler (the kind with the wheels and handle) as well as a decent sized bag. Plus I still have the hidden compartment under the trunk + the frunk available.

IMG_20220713_181942714.jpg
IMG_20220713_181825730.jpg
IMG_20220713_181745705.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
My daughter just visited us with her 2 year old. I picked her up at the airport. She had a very large rigid shell suitcase and a collapsible stroller with wheels that were about 4-6 inches in diameter. I had absolutely no trouble fitting both in the trunk of our model 3. Of course, strollers with larger wheels are going to be more problematic.

Recently been taking a dog stroller for an elderly dog. It's basically a jogging stroller except with a dog carrier instead of an infant or child seat. When folded, with the front wheel folded sideways underneath its structure, I'm able to just slide it sideways towards the back of the trunk, under the metal bar that goes across the trunk ceiling midway back. That helps maintain a good amount of space in the front of the trunk for other things. Downside of course is need to take out most of those things just to get the stroller in and out.

Not gonna lie though, our RWD Model S is about a million times better for hauling baby and toddler stuff. The frunk alone would swallow almost any stroller with room to spare! As our kiddo got older even his first 2 or 3 bicycles fit up there in the frunk, wheels on - the balance bike with the stroller too. :)

Last edited: