Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Struggling with Recalling Driver Seat Profile - Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the vehicle two days ago - can't seem to get my driver's seat to return to it's original stored and saved position. For example, if I move the seat back, I would expect to press the Seat Profile Button with my name, and have it return to those settings. I've checked the Owner's Manual, YouTube Videos, Google, etc. and can't figure it out...any thoughts?

There *are* no other options. The general profile that you set up is it. Now, the problem may be if anyone modified it, then it's changed and you are out of luck. The profile is for everything (whatever it saves, see the manual for details). You might try rebooting the MCU (the usual hold down the two scroll buttons on the steering wheel until the screen goes black, it should come up on its own, might need a brake pedal press).

What I do is use the other fob, connect that to another profile ('Tesla'), and give the Service Center that one. Then it's unlikely they will trash my settings. If your significant other has their own fob/profile, you can make another profile just for Tesla to mess with. :D

There *are* no other options. The general profile that you set up is it. Now, the problem may be if anyone modified it, then it's changed and you are out of luck. The profile is for everything (whatever it saves, see the manual for details). You might try rebooting the MCU (the usual hold down the two scroll buttons on the steering wheel until the screen goes black, it should come up on its own, might need a brake pedal press).

What I do is use the other fob, connect that to another profile ('Tesla'), and give the Service Center that one. Then it's unlikely they will trash my settings. If your significant other has their own fob/profile, you can make another profile just for Tesla to mess with. :D

Great! Thanks very much!

Just got the vehicle two days ago - can't seem to get my driver's seat to return to it's original stored and saved position. For example, if I move the seat back, I would expect to press the Seat Profile Button with my name, and have it return to those settings. I've checked the Owner's Manual, YouTube Videos, Google, etc. and can't figure it out...any thoughts?
Gary - set up a new profile and settings...this happened to me on a long term loaner and only way was to redo the settings into a new name.

• Informative
Reactions: boaterva
Gary - set up a new profile and settings...this happened to me on a long term loaner and only way was to redo the settings into a new name.
Much appreciated! Sounds like a reasonable solution - will give it a try on my "4th" day with the X! Thanks again!

Will 'valet mode' prevent saving any seat adjustments?

Just double checked and that is a feature of valet mode:

• Speed is limited to 70 mph (113 km/h).
• Maximum acceleration and power are limited.
• Front trunk and glove box are locked.
• Home and Work locations are not available in the navigation system.
• Voice commands are disabled.
• Cruise control is disabled.
• Most status bar functions are disabled.
• The Mobile Access setting is disabled.
• HomeLink (if applicable in your market region) is not accessible.
Driver Profiles are not accessible.
• Summon is disabled.
• Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are disabled. When Model X is in Valet Mode, you cannot pair new Bluetooth devices or view or delete existing paired devices.

Last edited:
Did you SAVE your modifications to your profile? When you adjust seat position and/or mirror etc, you need to press SAVE to make changes effect. Some people including myself keep forgetting this.

Will 'valet mode' prevent saving any seat adjustments?

Just double checked and that is a feature of valet mode:

• Speed is limited to 70 mph (113 km/h).
• Maximum acceleration and power are limited.
• Front trunk and glove box are locked.
• Home and Work locations are not available in the navigation system.
• Voice commands are disabled.
• Cruise control is disabled.
• Most status bar functions are disabled.
• The Mobile Access setting is disabled.
• HomeLink (if applicable in your market region) is not accessible.
Driver Profiles are not accessible.
• Summon is disabled.
• Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are disabled. When Model X is in Valet Mode, you cannot pair new Bluetooth devices or view or delete existing paired devices.

This is great information - I was not aware of the specifics! Thanks for taking the time to respond with the excellent details - really beneficial when one is just starting out! Will look at these items today! Can't thank you enough!

This is great information - I was not aware of the specifics! Thanks for taking the time to respond with the excellent details - really beneficial when one is just starting out! Will look at these items today! Can't thank you enough!
Did you SAVE your modifications to your profile? When you adjust seat position and/or mirror etc, you need to press SAVE to make changes effect. Some people including myself keep forgetting this.

Thanks for the response! Actually, I'm pressing the small icon to recall my seat profile. But I also wanted to have the steering wheel move in, seat move back, for an easier exit when parking. I'm not sure but thought I had read somewhere that this was an option - maybe Easy Option? Oh well, today I'll play with it and see what happens - either way, the learning process is fun!

Much appreciated!

Reactions: hiroshiy