Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuart varney exaggerates cost of tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why? The average selling price is closer to $100k than it is to the base 70 price.
Sure you can also buy used or CPO, but what is the harm in using a realistic price that rolls off the tongue easily?
When people ask the price of our Tesla, I tell them it's about $100k new, and that Tesla is coming out with a much more affordable car in a few years.
They usually reply, "looks like it's worth it!" and then "will get one in a few years".

Why? Because other cars are referred to by their base price. The answer to the question of how much it costs should be it starts at $70,000. You can get a really nice new Tesla in the 70's. The harm in using what you call a "realistic price" of $100,000 is it may scare away potential buyers who are willing to stretch into the 70's but wouldn't consider a $100,000 car. Like me, for example.

YES!!! This is where I am coming from. I am a conservative and I don't like half truths from conservatives OR liberals. If oil companies are polluting or windmills are killing millions of birds worldwide then let's not sweep it under the rug. The rule should be: No Coolaid drinking.

Why? The average selling price is closer to $100k than it is to the base 70 price.
Sure you can also buy used or CPO, but what is the harm in using a realistic price that rolls off the tongue easily?
When people ask the price of our Tesla, I tell them it's about $100k new, and that Tesla is coming out with a much more affordable car in a few years.
They usually reply, "looks like it's worth it!" and then "will get one in a few years".

70S + Autoilot + Premium + Air Suspension + Subzero + delivery/doc is $80.2k.

You don't have to quote the "stripper" price, but to say "A Tesla costs $100k" is like saying "A Prius costs $29k."

Does this mean that you only watch channels that agree with your ideology?

Hardly, but I'm in a very rural area and only get 3 channels on a good day. TV doesn't play much a role in my life anymore.

But hey, it's quite likely that fewer people watch his show than own Teslas. The cable news networks have astonishingly low viewership. That's why they have such crappy advertising - only the "barely above a scam" companies can be bothered to buy time for such low numbers of viewers.

As for my ideology, the hard thing for many people to accept about being a pragmatist is that you have to keep throwing away your model of "how the world should work" as new evidence comes in. I don't know of any "channels" like that, it's more the realm of science journals (okay, so usually I just read the lay-press articles at various aggregators which link to the abstracts).

Read and watch everything then distill it down to truth or fiction or half truth.

It saves a lot of time if you ignore people you know are not experts and can't even be trusted to report expert information accurately.

Also, remember that have money and are money, so it you want more accurate reporting, give your attention and money to better sources of information.