TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Stuck backup camera?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by verygreen, Jul 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

So my car decided it hates me again and this time it manifested in super overexposed backup camera image with a cyan tint.
    I thought it's just sun that confused it, but nope, driving around for some time, it did not clear so I reset the cid in the end and that put it back to its senses.
    Nothing unusual in the logs.
    Anybody had similar issues? Any good ways to reset just the camera without the whole cid reset?

IMG_20170717_185600.jpg

2. MasterT

MasterT Member

I've had something similar happened few days ago, although I'm not sure if it was overexposed or, as I though, just gray screen (happened at night). My issue resolved itself just by shifting into D and back into R

3. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

Well, shifting to D and back to R did not help neither did driving around turning backup camera view on and off randomly.

4. lunitiks

lunitiks ˭ ˭ ʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽʽ ʭ ʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼʼ ˭ ˭

Indication that the BUC is activated in eap now?

Anyway I think the "cyan" (or magenta) sheen is some kind of base color or something in the calibration setup. The different cams seem to have different base colors. Notice for instance the green'ish and purple'ish tint on your cam dumps in here:
    AP2.0 Cameras: Capabilities and Limitations?

5. verygreen

verygreen Curious member

It's different, the other cameras are b&w so all the tinting is artefact of how you process the images thinking it's color.
    for backup camera that's sending yuv over the wire the hue is a function of color balance, I guess.