Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck Download/Reboot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an odd problem. My software download/reboot seems to be stuck
I am currently showing version 2019.36.2.1 ea322ad on both my MX and on my iPhone App.
However : the App is continually showing the car as Software update "Rebooting"
And the MX is showing Downloading Software Update 2019.36.2.1 as in progress with the Green line all the way to the right.

The car is running - and seems to be fine
I have tried the reset of the computer / display system (two buttons on steering wheel)
This has been this way for about a week now.
Any idea at this point on how to restart / complete the software download/reboot??

Hi rgedad,

The only other suggestion would be reboot using the two buttons on the steering wheel
and the brake pedal at the same time.
The brake pedal reboot is supposed to be a "better" reboot than just the scroll wheel reboot.

Good Luck,

Shawn

The only other suggestion would be reboot using the two buttons on the steering wheel
and the brake pedal at the same time.
The brake pedal reboot is supposed to be a "better" reboot than just the scroll wheel reboot.
Shawn

Thank you Shawn for your suggestion
Just went out and tried it - but alas - to no avail.
I also just moved the car to the front of the house to get an even more better WiFi signal (2 bars in the Garage, 4 in the front drive) - again - no difference.

Hi rgedad,

Thank you for the update...
This release for me has been one of the worst I have ever received.
The auto present of the driver's door no longer works.
I tried the recharge daily by a certain time.
I chose to leave at 11:00 AM it starts charging at 4:00 AM ???
My charger is not THAT slow...
When I deleted the "daily leave time charging" setting,
the car always starts first thing in the morning on a navigation trip...

Oh well... Hopefully they will fix it soon for both of us.

Shawn

The auto navigation thing is from the recent update. This can be disabled if you don't want it. Go into your settings, navigation, and turn off Automatic Navigation. Tesla added it so when it syncs your phone calendar, it could automatically navigate to where it thinks you want to go next. Mine kept coming up to my work, but since I know how to get there, I turned off the auto navigation feature...

I have an odd problem. My software download/reboot seems to be stuck
I am currently showing version 2019.36.2.1 ea322ad on both my MX and on my iPhone App.
However : the App is continually showing the car as Software update "Rebooting"
And the MX is showing Downloading Software Update 2019.36.2.1 as in progress with the Green line all the way to the right.

The car is running - and seems to be fine
I have tried the reset of the computer / display system (two buttons on steering wheel)
This has been this way for about a week now.
Any idea at this point on how to restart / complete the software download/reboot??

Were you able to fix this? Just had the exact same problem occur on my S. Thanks!

I tried a number of things - nothing worked, was just about to schedule a visit tot he Service Center.
However - Yesterday I was notified that version 2019.40.2.1 38f55d9f9205 was available for download/update.
I authorized immediate update, and all of my issues went away - and life is good, and the sun shines once again in the great state of Texas...

I tried a number of things - nothing worked, was just about to schedule a visit tot he Service Center.
However - Yesterday I was notified that version 2019.40.2.1 38f55d9f9205 was available for download/update.
I authorized immediate update, and all of my issues went away - and life is good, and the sun shines once again in the great state of Texas...

Argh! Thanks for the response. This issue just started for me with the 40.2.1 update. I guess the next update, whenever it comes, will fix it.