Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck Downloading update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, at 7:35 UK time this morning, my car said 2021.40.6 was available and it would take 25 mins. I started it as I didn't need the M3P still 8:40.

At 8:40 the screen on the phone app showed "Software update... Downloading 2021.40.6 (100%)"

And the car is similar, as in the software screen shows 100% and it sits there.

I panicked the car wouldn't work, but it did and it shows (on the app) 2021.40.6, but is stuck downloading at 100%.

So it seems to have done the update but is now on some limbo state. I rebooted using buttons only, then buttons and brake, no difference.

Ideas ?

As long as the car reports the current version as 2021.40.6, I wouldn’t worry about it. You can try a power off reset to see if that helps. From the manual:

Power Cycling the Vehicle

If your vehicle demonstrates unusual behavior or a nondescript alert is present, you can try power cycling the vehicle to potentially resolve the issue.

1. Shift into Park.
2. On the touchscreen, touch Controls > Safety & Security > Power Off.
3. Wait for at least two minutes without interacting with the vehicle. Do not open the doors, touch the brake pedal, touch the touchscreen, etc.
4. After two minutes have passed, press the brake pedal or open the door to wake the vehicle.

Note that pressing the brake during a scroll wheel reboot doesn’t make a difference. It might have at some point in the past.

Thank you. I called Tesla and they said it was a bug they were aware of with this update, but it's fixed in the next update. Then they went online to the car and sorted it. I had tried all sorts of reboots. Tesla were great about this, even calling me back to check it was OK.

My Tesla mobile app shows it downloading software update 2021.44.25.2 for my Model X but it has been stuck at 44% for days. The car's screen however shows v44.6 as downloaded and up to date as of today. I have deleted and reinstalled the mobile app but it still displays the download stuck at 44%. Any ideas on how to get rid of this download notification?

Reactions: ICON
My Tesla mobile app shows it downloading software update 2021.44.25.2 for my Model X but it has been stuck at 44% for days. The car's screen however shows v44.6 as downloaded and up to date as of today. I have deleted and reinstalled the mobile app but it still displays the download stuck at 44%. Any ideas on how to get rid of this download notification?
Hi Pablodog,
So do you solve the problem? MY 3 encountered the same problem as yours today…have no idea how to do. The software version in my car is 2021.44.30.11, the stucked version while downloading is 2021.44.30.14

Just had this happen to me on the 2022.16.3 update. It was stuck at 27% for about a week. App said downloading at 27%, but on the touchscreen it said I was up to date (even though I wasn't). Had a perpetual downloading icon (green down arrow) on the touchscreen but nothing was downloading. Scheduled a service appointment and they pushed me the update again the next day and then canceled the appointment. Others said they had success calling the Tesla service number but I could not find a number to call.

Just had this happen to me on the 2022.16.3 update. It was stuck at 27% for about a week. App said downloading at 27%, but on the touchscreen it said I was up to date (even though I wasn't). Had a perpetual downloading icon (green down arrow) on the touchscreen but nothing was downloading. Scheduled a service appointment and they pushed me the update again the next day and then canceled the appointment. Others said they had success calling the Tesla service number but I could not find a number to call.
Same problem, exactly 27% but an upgrade to the FSD release to 10.69.1.1. Tesla was not as helpful. Cancelled my appointment and didn’t repush the upgrade. Will try again.

Reactions: cfl246tho