Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck/frozen brakes after car wash and soaking.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been discussed a few times. But I’m wondering if anyone knows of a way to help alleviate this a bit. I washed and cleaned the car and put away last night in garage. In the morning the brakes were so frozen to the calipers the normal “creep” letting off the brake wouldn’t get it free. I had to give it much more pedal in my tiny garage than you would be comfortable with. Startled me when it broke free and jumped. Plus it sounds absolutely terrible!!
Is there anything that helps this not happen so badly? Or a way to get it free your aware of safer?

Thanks guys.

That’s probably the simplest and best way I guess. A bit inconvenient sometimes while I’m wet and sweaty from just washing and drying etc....but I guess I’ll have to start doing this.
Any idea why it’s different on these cars tho? I’ve been washing various other cars for years and not seen this. Is it something unique about the pads or discs Tesla uses?

That’s probably the simplest and best way I guess. A bit inconvenient sometimes while I’m wet and sweaty from just washing and drying etc....but I guess I’ll have to start doing this.
Any idea why it’s different on these cars tho? I’ve been washing various other cars for years and not seen this. Is it something unique about the pads or discs Tesla uses?
Perhaps it's the style of wheels. Open spokes allow more water to get on the brake discs, maybe your other cars had hubcaps that kept the discs dry.

Isn't it that Tesla is using the brake pads to lock the wheels in park whereas most other cars are not?

Reactions: Jan Fiala

Nope, my precious two ICEs did this too.