Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck in 2021.32.22?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those not getting out of v32.22, I was on that version for 38 days before updating to v32.30. Then one day later updated to v32.31. Of the 83 updates my car has received since delivery 07/2018, the longest two times between updates has been 44 and 47 days, with the average being 14. I’ve also received two updates in one day…happened three times so far. Net of all this: no one knows but Tesla, and not to worry.

• Informative
Reactions: GeoG
That would be 2021.36.5.5 or latest 2021.36.8
I was in 2021.36.5.5 and got beta yesterday. Moved from 5.5 to 5.3 (10.3). I had 99 all week long and got a FCW (8.2) yesterday morning and lost all hope getting Beta. Score dropped to 95. I was surprised when I got the welcome to beta email in the evening.

Attachments

• 9C1DA24F-2D4F-4985-B66D-DEC593E4345F.jpeg
    9C1DA24F-2D4F-4985-B66D-DEC593E4345F.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 0A1610C0-33E7-4342-8CFB-1EDC203F1BBC.jpeg
    0A1610C0-33E7-4342-8CFB-1EDC203F1BBC.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 53
  • E64A34DA-9387-4F28-ACAE-44DEADB37C5A.png
    E64A34DA-9387-4F28-ACAE-44DEADB37C5A.png
    237 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: Ramphex
I was in 2021.36.5.5 and got beta yesterday. Moved from 5.5 to 5.3 (10.3). I had 99 all week long and got a FCW (8.2) yesterday morning and lost all hope getting Beta. Score dropped to 95. I was surprised when I got the welcome to beta email in the evening.
Wonder if they pull scores Friday at 0000hrs for the next batches. Your experience could confirm something along those lines.
Failed to mention your profile pic. Love German Shepherds. 👍👍Mine hate the water. 😂😂
Thanks man. She’s not a big swimmer and was definitely scared the first time out on the kayak, but I think she got more used to it. It’s now bearable where before she would just try to climb onto my lap while I was paddling 😅😅

• Funny
Reactions: GeoG
Wonder if they pull scores Friday at 0000hrs for the next batches. Your experience could confirm something along those lines.

Thanks man. She’s not a big swimmer and was definitely scared the first time out on the kayak, but I think she got more used to it. It’s now bearable where before she would just try to climb onto my lap while I was paddling 😅😅

Attachments

• 7C63212B-EFCC-46F9-8AEF-6F0EC76C48E3.jpeg
    7C63212B-EFCC-46F9-8AEF-6F0EC76C48E3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
  • Love
Reactions: Ramphex
I had 32.22 for a number of weeks. I opted in and out several times because if break even once i get dinged. So I opted out and I noticed Tesla Fi is 11 levels of software above mine. I sent service request to update me. I get a call from CA and they said this is the latest SW level for my VIN. I don't know what the algorithm for delivering software is but it seems somewhat uneven, maybe undemocratic. Same with FSD. I drive like a grandma, hit the brakes once and my 100 goes down to 96. I'm definitely NOT getting FSD this year.

Someone on Facebook told me:

... it's because you have FSD and you installed 32.22. You could have read the release notes before installation and determined if you wanted to install or not. If you would have ignored the install, you would have been giving the regular public updates as they were released. Now you're sitting in the beta queue.
Sounds to me like you never pressed the opt-in button. If you did not, contact your service center and have them remove you from the beta queue and into the latest public release. They should be able to push an update to you and get you back on track.

That doesn't sound at all right. No way I'm in the beta queue. I never saw any messages regarding this and I'm a RTFM kinda guy.

I'm happy with this version, so I'm just going to wait.

Someone on Facebook told me:

That doesn't sound at all right. No way I'm in the beta queue. I never saw any messages regarding this and I'm a RTFM kinda guy.

I'm happy with this version, so I'm just going to wait.

I didnt either (see any notifications relative to what you linked.. and I am also a RTFM type guy), but that explanation makes sense. I have FSD, I have "the opt in button" but I never opted in and dont intend to. Perhaps this is why I am also stuck on the same firmware release you are stuck on.

I wonder if opting in and then immediately opting back out would work without a service appointment?....... I may try that.

Last edited:
I didnt either (see any notifications relative to what you linked.. and I am also a RTFM type guy), but that explanation makes sense. I have FSD, I have "the opt in button" but I never opted in and dont intend to. Perhaps this is why I am also stuck on the same firmware release you are stuck on.

I wonder if opting in and then immediately opting back out would work without a service appointment?....... I may try that.

I was opt'd in for a while and opt'd out about a week ago or more. I haven't received any other production updates yet, so I don't think that will speed up yours... but who knows, it seems like they have their own update schedule. I was getting fairly regular updates prior to opting in.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Nope. And I tried a service appointment just to see what would happen, and got the standard “you have the latest release intended for your configuration” brush-off. Opting back in with a 99 score didn’t work either-they’ve restricted dissemination of the FSD beta. I haven’t updated since 32.22 in September.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Love it found the exact thread I'm looking for. Stuck on this version. Really love to have the remote sentry. A little bummer to hear about cool stuff and never get it HA!!

Anyone know a rhyme or reason to software update rollouts?

We Gave up on beta. Had the sub and canceled it. FSD hasn't gotten any better IMO. Worse in some cases-phantom braking I'm looking at you! Outside of lane change assist, which is glorious I find it pretty "OK" Canceled the sub this month, coping with the lane change loss right now.