Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck in 2021.32.22?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea, I think it’s stuck until your score aligns with their roll out score criteria or you opt-out and update to the newest production software.

Which is weird because when we got rolled back from 10.3 due to a bug, we went to 36.5.1 and still had the safety score and the opt-in button on there.

Reactions: JeremyJ
Lets see if I understand the firmware update situation as it currently stands now. If you have the firmware version that has the button to request the FSD, you must decline to get newer production releases? If you decline, requesting FSD beta at a future date is currently off the table? If you request the FSD beta firmware and do not have a good enough score to receive it or chose not to install it when you do, will you get firmware production updates that have new features?

Last edited:
Commuting 26 miles on I25 in Denver, and trying super hard to keep good follow distance and using NoA 99% of the time, still getting follow and fcw in the safety score of 8x, don’t think I’ll ever be in beta. So I’m going to opt out and hope I can get to a future update.
opt out and leave it long enough for the safety score to disappear from your phone app - than can take several hours.
Then rejoin later and you will be rewarded with a zeroed out safety score.
Best strategy seems to be, opt out on Monday, opt back in on Wed/Thursday or enough so you can drive 100 miles by Friday.
Set the car on medium for FCW so you know when that has triggered.
If you think you've got unsafe following or a FCW trigger - pull over and reboot the car, that will clear out the current drive so it doesn't hit the score.
Keep it at 99 or 100 by Friday
FYI - unsafe follow is usually over 50mph, so stay below that before engaging NOA and slow down to <50 before disengaging.

However, as with all things FSD beta - YMMV :)

Reactions: Ramphex
Commuting 26 miles on I25 in Denver, and trying super hard to keep good follow distance and using NoA 99% of the time, still getting follow and fcw in the safety score of 8x, don’t think I’ll ever be in beta. So I’m going to opt out and hope I can get to a future update.
Similar to what I'm thinking. My shortest commute is 35 miles each way and often through one of the busiest interchanges in the states. Holding at 97 with little hope of getting higher.

opt out and leave it long enough for the safety score to disappear from your phone app - than can take several hours.
Best strategy seems to be, opt out on Monday, opt back in on Wed/Thursday or enough so you can drive 100 miles by Friday.
If you think you've got unsafe following or a FCW trigger - pull over and reboot the car, that will clear out the current drive so it doesn't hit the score.
FYI - unsafe follow is usually over 50mph, so stay below that before engaging NOA and slow down to <50 before disengaging.

And this will get me the beta FSD? I been on 92 safety score for a while but if this trick works that would be awesome.

And this will get me the beta FSD? I been on 92 safety score for a while but if this trick works that would be awesome.
That's what others have reported. It seems you need the min safety score and 100mi of driving. Elon originally also said 7 days, but there are lots of reports where it seems that's not the case. Like @Twiglett said, seems like opt out / back in around Monday, keep 100 score for the week, and you'll get it on/around the weekend.

My score was 98 and changed to 99 on this past sun, and I got in in yesterday's (Friday) wave. I never reset though.

Keep in mind there are also reports of people who have had 100/100 scores for a while and still don't have it even having never opted out/in. They seem to be in the minority though.

I wasn't really not interested in FSD beta, just more curious what Tesla would consider my daily driving to be. I do want the new visualizations and eventually one stack NoA, but I don’t want the beta of those as they currently are. So now that I’ve seen that the driving score is completely useless for me and my commute, I’m fine waiting for FSD beta to improve.

What I do wish is Tesla would not keep us on .22 and let us upgrade to .36.8 like my wife’s car. I’m the one of the two cars that could use the charging scheduling from the app.

Reactions: bobby g