Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck in Car Off mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is cr^p Tesla. Electric is suppose to be SO much more reliable than ICE. (Of course Tesla isn't and JD Powers and CR notice.) Well they better get there software bugs under control. There are plenty on the X. (Try logging in a playing Hulu, or NOT have the car tell you EVERY 10 MINTUES 'park assist is unavailable', or non-beta auto lights or auto wipers that both currently suck. Or use the web browser on a site that is even 1/2 complex w/o crashing the whole display. Or failed software updates, or car stuck in OFF mode.

Last Friday night, had a failed Software update. Then 3 hours later car got stuck in CAR OFF MODE. 2 wheel reset nothing, but wheel change size got us on the road. If not for this forum, could have been stranded 3 hours from S.C. Was THIS close to that happening, except for knowledge from TMC site.

Know how many ICE cars have stranded me in over 37 years of driving: zero. Tesla almost shot that record in 6 months of X ownership except for TMC shared knowledge. Thanks others on here!!!!!

Encountered "Car Off" with my Tesla Model S 2013 after 2022.7 software update. Even after a full reboot, the dash was stuck in "Car Off" mode. We were able to drive the car with no speedometer or gear view. The issue didn't come up again between booking the service and bringing the car into the SC. Tesla service charged me $255 to say they did a factory reset and gave me no root cause.