Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck in the middle of the Freeway after being rear ended.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today my model 3 was rear-ended and the power to my car was cut off in the middle of the highway. This was quite scary, as there was no way to push the car to the side of the road. When the CHP arrived he did not know what to do. I had no power, I could not roll up the windows nor open the glove-box to show registration. Very strange and crazy. Tesla said sorry, this is a safety feature and the CHP should know what to do and for me to call a tow truck...seems unacceptable. While we waited about 20 minutes for the CHP, somebody could have hit my car, injuring themselves as well. The damage to the car appeared to be moderate on the exterior.

Has this happened to anyone else

Note to self. Move Registration to center Console

Good luck on repairs.

You’d think it would disconnect the main battery for safety but not the 12V battery. My guess is normally that’s what it’s supposed to do but something else went wrong losing the 12V too.

I thought I read Tesla wants to get rid of the 12V battery, Sounds like that would be a safety issue.