Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck inChicago?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 6/18, Changed to get new pricing on changed to get new pricing on 7/11 and finalized order that date.

VIN 36xxx assigned 8/20. Delivery scheduled 9/9.

Called on 8/27, car was at Chicago distribution center, so I was told early delivery might be a possibility. Checked in on 9/1, my MY was still sightseeing in the Windy City!

now I’m starting to worry that it might sit there for a while and miss my 9/9 delivery. Anyone else have any experience with their MY’s taking an extended Chicago vacation?

delivery destination is Devon, PA.

Mine also went through Chicago and is arriving today in Minneapolis, I take delivery tomorrow. The Tesla rep I spoke to said they have a train with a ton of MY's on it that have to be unloaded one by one for trucking, and it takes a while (days). I'm guessing mine was one of the first ones they unloaded and you should be soon after. I have found I got much better updates with detail by calling the local Tesla service center as opposed to Tesla corporate. They were able to tell me at one point that it had been unloaded from the train, but was still in Chicago.

My delivery was 9/7, and got moved up to 9/3 just yesterday.

Reactions: G Gavin G