Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on 17.17.4 - any tricks to force an update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been stuck on firmware v17.17.4...anyone know of any tricks to try and get the car to perform a software update? I tried resetting the screen by holding the two scroll wheels - but no luck. I have a weak wifi signal so I am primarily on LTE.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

that distribution table is awesome. so it looks like a majority of the updates after 17.17.4 are for AP1 cars. But this is the silky smooth update or are we still waiting for that?

Rocking 17.17.4 on my AP2 X, still waiting for the silky silky

Also on 17.17.4 and waiting for the fabled silky smooth update, which may or may not be released yet.

According to "most" accounts you really don't want a firmware update from .14 or .17 quite yet. Silky Smooth never happened for AP2 cars and the ones "HW2" that have been upgraded are almost entirely Service Center visits, on site and remote, new deliveries, cars with known problems having a FW pushed to them etc etc NOT just a normal course of the day firmware push from .14 or .17. Most on the forums with HW2 will say don't make that wish!!

I'm glad others are experiencing this too. I'm on 17.17.4 and saw all the fuss about the silky smooth release and felt left out. It seems most of us are, maybe for the best. My SC said I could come there and they'd push the update if I wanted. I'll just wait for it to roll out OTA.