Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on 17.17.4 - any tricks to force an update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Called Tesla customer support yesterday and was told that updates will be OTA and today got the update but for the car where it is not relevant (I believe). Once again, got my non AP 2013 Model S updated to 17.26.17, while my 2017 AP2 Model S is still on 17.17.17.

I've been stuck on firmware v17.17.4...anyone know of any tricks to try and get the car to perform a software update? I tried resetting the screen by holding the two scroll wheels - but no luck. I have a weak wifi signal so I am primarily on LTE.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Calling Tesla tech support today they told me they can request a service center push it out over the air. So I did - hopefully I'll get it soon. They didn't tell me I had to go to the SC.

I've been stuck on firmware v17.17.4...anyone know of any tricks to try and get the car to perform a software update? I tried resetting the screen by holding the two scroll wheels - but no luck [...]

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Unfortunately, not very convenient to go to the SC..

I’m in the exact same boat, not actually able to go to my SC and still stuck on 17.17.4... although my MS has its dedicated WiFi router and connection in the garage, so no issues there.

I haven’t tried the reset method yet, I’ll give it a shot and see what happens... Come on 17.26.17, today is a good day: SpaceX Intelsat 35e mission and news on Model 3 final release date