Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on 2018.49.20

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am on 49.20 as well. I asked Tesla for an update from Customer Service, but after they looked into the account they said I was up to date. I decided not to try any further until all the latest features get to Model S and X.

Even if a get the 50.6 update, from what I can tell it has nothing 49.20 doesn't have. Might as well wait until 2019 updates get pushed to fleet and then ask for the latest.

Yep. Less than 1 year old MX-100.

Still on 3 month old software while I read about updates every other day for M3.

Is Tesla sure that MS/MX are the best?

3 months old, here! And yeah, the Model 3 guys at least over on Reddit are *unbelievably* smug about it all.

At least we have Dog Mode to look forward to someday. Even in the few MS/MX that got the newer versions, it looks like Dog Mode is all we're getting.

Interestingly I was just told by Tesla support that this (2018.49.20) is a "special build for a small group" and that while engineering has been working on an update, there is no ETA.

I was given this internal build reference "48.intel-1.0.4-BSP-3654-e6f543e439".

I didn't manage to get any details on what was so "special" about it. Oh well...

• Funny
Reactions: 1375mlm
I was also on 2018.49.20 since 1/25. Also told by Tesla Mobile Service tech on 2/6 that 49.20 was a special build and was the latest at that time.

Two weeks ago, I emailed my local Tesla Service Advisor regarding latest firmware. She checked the log and told me the latest update was pending and on delay for a couple of days because the vehicle didn't have a good strong WiFi connection. Strangely, only about an hour after the email (my car had been parked outside without WiFi connection), I got an update notification and it has been updated to 2019.5.15 since then.