Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on 2019.35.106

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

darkrai

OD: 1/10 | LR Grey/Black | Scheduled Del: Mar 21st
Jan 20, 2020
New Jersey
I just picked up my Tesla on Monday so I’m new to this. I’m stuck on version 2019.35.106 when 2019.40.50 came out. I reached out to support and they pushed out an update but it was the same version.

Yup, new car and it’s just been delivered, you might have to wait and be very patient while it contacts the mothership. Some people get the update as they drive off the lot and others (me included) waited 2-4wks for the update to show. There’s NOTHING you can do to make it update, it’s not worth your time to bother Tesla customer service (ha what a joke) about it either.

keep it plugged in and connected to wifi. Enjoy your new car!

Yup, new car and it’s just been delivered, you might have to wait and be very patient while it contacts the mothership. Some people get the update as they drive off the lot and others (me included) waited 2-4wks for the update to show. There’s NOTHING you can do to make it update, it’s not worth your time to bother Tesla customer service (ha what a joke) about it either.

keep it plugged in and connected to wifi. Enjoy your new car!
Thank you!

Reactions: Matsayz
I'm running the same update 2019.35.106. Will have it a week Saturday. Im going to patiently wait and see what happens. My only other problem is that i live in the middle of no where and have no home internet so hopefully it lets me know that i have an update then i can download it somewhere or through hot spot from my phone. Its is irritating that i paid that extra money for FSD and not getting all the features.

• Funny
Reactions: Zoomit
Always the same with a new car. The computer often comes with old software that was loaded when it was created and the car won’t get an update until it’s added to the update list. Sometimes that’s immediately if the delivery team does it (not common anymore) or up to a week or so if it’s added to a batch list and the factory does it.

Reactions: drubby82
Just my opinion but I think autosteer was much better before the 2019.40.x + series of updates. You aren't missing anything at this point in time. I would revert back to 2019.36 if there was an option to do so. Since 2019.40 we've been swimming and ponging between the lane lines like AP has been chugging mike's hard lemonade before each drive. I had a violent jerking disengagement today just by holding the wheel like you are supposed to but trying to keep the car centered in the lane. (no trucks nearby). I tweeted Elon to rededicate some of those deep rain resources to basic lane centering...I'm sure he'll get back to me.

• Funny
Don't hold your breath! Picked up mine on Feb 8, 2020 and still on 2019.35.106. When I booked a service appointment, my excuse being I wanted the new voice commands, the tech ran through the usual wifi signal blah, blah, blah ultimately he said the following...

"Currently your vehicle is on the lastest firmware version which is available for your vehicle. The newer version which has the voice commands will be released to your vehicle soon. The wifi connection you currently have is plenty for regular firmware downloads when they are available. Thank you for your patience in this matter."

Don't I believe him...no. Was there anything he could have done about it...no. Will I get it eventually...yes, but only God knows when! :)

Just an update on mine. I ordered on Jan 3 received on Feb 8 and had the software 2019.35.106 when i received the car. On Feb 14 i got my update out of no where. Wasn't hooked to WiFi but it did say to download i would need to be hooked to WiFi. Also one of my sensors on the drivers side was acting up. After the update it starting working properly. I was getting aggravated at first wondering why i had that software version and paid all this money. I just patiently wait and it came. I have read stories that it could take up to two weeks for it to come out. Something to do with registering your VIN into the system.

Just an update on mine. I ordered on Jan 3 received on Feb 8 and had the software 2019.35.106 when i received the car. On Feb 14 i got my update out of no where. Wasn't hooked to WiFi but it did say to download i would need to be hooked to WiFi. Also one of my sensors on the drivers side was acting up. After the update it starting working properly. I was getting aggravated at first wondering why i had that software version and paid all this money. I just patiently wait and it came. I have read stories that it could take up to two weeks for it to come out. Something to do with registering your VIN into the system.
Sounds promising. Hope my experience is as good as yours. I took delivery on the 14th, so keeping my fingers crossed for now.

Same stuff. I got it on February 13th. No software update yet. Chatted with Tesla today and they told me there is no update yet and to be patient. I guess it will come soon in the pipeline. Maybe we’re just part of the same batch ! I’ll keep you posted if anything changes.

Just to chip in on this: I picked mine up on 2/7 and am still on 2019.35.106 as well. Had service out to my house to install the Homelink module and asked him about it and received a similar "That is the newest software for your car. It will receive updates after some time" response. So I'm assuming the update will hit some time in the next week or so.

And just an update. I asked a few days ago to get serviced for an update but got a text message today canceling the service request and telling me I have the latest firmware for my type of car and that I will have to wait for an update coming “later” and “allow some time for the update to come”... so ... patience !