Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on 2021.36.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
I have a October build MYP (VIN 266) that seems stuck on 2021.36.8. 2021.40.5 has been out for weeks and recently 2021.44.5 released, yet no updates. I am not on factory hold firmware and have received OTA updates in the past. Anyone else in this situation?

Reactions: sparty96
How would people know if they had a clogged buffer or not, without asking? There’s no standard “waiting time” to determine real “sticks” vs. impatient people thinking they are stuck, right?

You are more likely for someone at tesla to listen regarding a software update being stuck, if it has been " a few months" since you got one, not "I see on teslafi that 40% of the fleet got this update 2 weeks ago and I dont have it, I am stuck" (not directed directly at you but thats how people present it here).

If they are members here, they could also take a look at the subforum here that is dedicated to software discussions, and see if there are others complaining about being on a specific version. If so, its unlikely they are stuck themselves, unless that goes on for a "few months" not a "few weeks".

• Informative
Reactions: DanDi58 and jebinc
Upvote 0
Oooh I dream of upgrading to 2021.36. You’re lucky! I’m stuck on 2021.35.102! (Nov 2022 model)

I have a 2021 MYLR with an Oct 2021 build (VIN MF299xxx) and I just passed 3000 miles. I still have the same firmware (2021.35.102) as when I got it 8 weeks ago. I don't need the "latest" firmware, but I would like to check if the firmware update feature is actually working. Having the car tell me "you have the latest firmware available for your vehicle" isn't very helpful.

Perhaps my WiFi connection isn't working? Perhaps the Tesla buffer is clogged? Perhaps there's no check in the "delivered" checkbox? Having Tesla tout OTA updates isn't very helpful if we don't actually receive the updates... I'm actually not complaining, but I do wish there was a way to confirm that the system actually works at least once...

On a positive note, a holiday update might be released shortly. 2021.48 ??? 🥳

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc
Upvote 0
2.5 months on 36.5.5, which teslafi shows as 2% of fleet.

So I give it a couple weeks and say I'm stuck?

IDK, car drives great, more phantom braking on I 90 clear days no shadows than I'd like. (2x per hour). Late afternoon shadows, maybe 5x per mile.

So, what to do? Nothing for now I guess.

Upvote 0
2.5 months on 36.5.5, which teslafi shows as 2% of fleet.

So I give it a couple weeks and say I'm stuck?

IDK, car drives great, more phantom braking on I 90 clear days no shadows than I'd like. (2x per hour). Late afternoon shadows, maybe 5x per mile.

So, what to do? Nothing for now I guess.
My factory load hold .103 firmware hung around for six weeks on my “vision” MYP. Since then, only one update. Per Tesla, vision cars have been getting far fewer updates than radar cars. And that’s Ron the SC manager, not a flunky.

Upvote 0
New cars get their first update within a month, so you'll see it really soon. The people here aren't blocked by new car firmware, but by something else. Lots of us are stuck on 2021.36.5.1, 2021.36.5.5, 2021.36.5.8 and 2021.36.8.

It really sucks when everyone you know has 40.6 with live sentry, and you're stuck for 2 months without updates. Tesla offers no explanation aside for their typical "your vehicle is on the latest firmware available for its configuration" nonsense.

Absolutely zero transparency.

I have to browse this forum to discover how 40.6 has major issues with audio and charge port door. When I think about that, then I find that sitting on 36.x as being acceptable. I don't want to break my charge port door, and I most definitely don't want to go to their service center. All they have to say is "we've stopped rolling out 40.6 due to several issues discovered in the firmware" and people will back off, but apparently they are incapable of doing so.
I’m on 36.8 and have live sentry.

Upvote 0