Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on 2021.36.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
I have a October build MYP (VIN 266) that seems stuck on 2021.36.8. 2021.40.5 has been out for weeks and recently 2021.44.5 released, yet no updates. I am not on factory hold firmware and have received OTA updates in the past. Anyone else in this situation?

Reactions: sparty96
Are you sure about those numbers? 450 MB/s * 1800 seconds = 810 GB. But the fastest WiFi, 802.11ac, tops out at 433 Mbps.

Even at 433 Mbps * 1800 seconds / 8 b/B, that is 97GB. That seems like a big number for firmware; even if maps/games/etc. are included.

Perhaps the Tesla download thing is quoting the peak number not the continuous number? i.e. mine varies between 1.3 MB/s and 1.5 MB/s; but watching my router I can see that things are happening in spurts. My crummy internet doesn't support a continuous 1.3 MB/s.

Thanks,

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021
Not sure at all. it was 450 somethings/sec. Thinking about it, maybe KB/s. Woops.

Just checked, my wifi hits 135Mbps. So yeah, probably Kb/s.

Reactions: e645824
Upvote 0
It has been another 12 hours and I'm still on Sentry Mode to keep my 2021 MYLR 2021.35.102 from going to sleep. The progress bar for the 2021.44.6 update is still sitting at 15%. There isn't any indication that anything is wrong, WiFi still has the green checkmark and the speed on the progress bar says 1.4 MB/s. But nothing seems to be happing and there are no error/warning notifications.

I'm suspecting that something is going to sleep. Sentry Mode should keep the car awake and my battery is certainly dropping at the normal 6%/day. But the update just isn't updating unless I sit in the car and wiggle the cursor every now and then... My car is outside (not in a garage) so I don't want to leave the card/fob in the car.

I may try a dual-button reset in a couple of hours to reset the GUI then try the process again. Is there anything else to try to move this process along? This is my first update.

Thanks,

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | made/delivered Oct 2021

Upvote 0
Scott, do the soft reboot (dual button). It couldn't hurt. Nothing is done to the car software-wise before the download is complete and you give the go ahead for the installation.

I've found the soft reboot to cure many ills and do it after new software installations. I also do it about once a month as a general maintenance thing.

Hold those buttons down until the screen goes blank. This always takes longer than I expect. The screen will come back with the Tesla logo a minute or two after the blanking - don't panic!

Upvote 0
I sat in my car for 90 minutes. Whenever the 2021.44.6 update seemed to stall I did the 2-button reset on the GUI. The download then picked up where it had left off. This allowed it to finally finish downloading. In the end, I had to reset 6 times in order to complete the download...

I am now running 2021.44.6 🎉

Thanks,

Scott

--

Reactions: OxBrew
Upvote 0