Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on 2022.28.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I park my Y in my garage and connect my wifi to my home system. My car is the LR AWD version which I purchased in August 2021. The home wifi system is fast, but of course, the signal (in the car) in the garage has been consistently mid-range there. Nonetheless, I've received updates fairly timely. They've been successful. My current version is 2022.28.2. I downloaded that two or three weeks ago. But the 2022.36 versions, and now 2022.40 haves been released and hte .36 release is going out steadily now. I expect eventually to receive an update (nothing has changed in my config) but I wonder if there's anything that I can do to improve my chances for an earlier delivery. I cannot really conclude anything regarding delivery expectations from teslfi.com based on that config. I did try to set my iPhone to be a wifi hotspot this morning, but the car didn't recognize it.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Dan

Our Y is on .28.2 for a while and that is fine
Our 3 (which is only 2 months old) updated to 36.2 a month ago?
No logic to the way these cars update. Or maybe there is and I'm not that smart, lol. Either way don't stress about it. Just enjoy these fine automobiles.

Upvote 0
I expect eventually to receive an update (nothing has changed in my config) but I wonder if there's anything that I can do to improve my chances for an earlier delivery
Nope, nothing. There has not been a single thing that has been verified to change anyones order in getting this, or any other update, including the advance switch.
Beside wait, you mean? There isnt anything else.

• Helpful
Reactions: GtiMart
Upvote 0
Are you waiting in the queue for FSD?
Someone in another thread suggested that cars are not being updated to the latest version, because we are waiting for FSD to catch up to the version we have. So we can have FSD.
I don‘t know what version people have that are in the FSD beta. Can anyone confirm?

Upvote 0
I park my Y in my garage and connect my wifi to my home system. My car is the LR AWD version which I purchased in August 2021. The home wifi system is fast, but of course, the signal (in the car) in the garage has been consistently mid-range there. Nonetheless, I've received updates fairly timely. They've been successful. My current version is 2022.28.2. I downloaded that two or three weeks ago. But the 2022.36 versions, and now 2022.40 haves been released and hte .36 release is going out steadily now. I expect eventually to receive an update (nothing has changed in my config) but I wonder if there's anything that I can do to improve my chances for an earlier delivery. I cannot really conclude anything regarding delivery expectations from teslfi.com based on that config. I did try to set my iPhone to be a wifi hotspot this morning, but the car didn't recognize it.

In a word, NO. It will get there when some Tesla computer somewhere decides to notify you

Upvote 0
Same here, stuck on the same version number for almost a month. March 2021 build. Also noticed the car will only indicate it is checking once every 24 hours. Doesn't matter how many times I try, I do not see a new check indicated until its been at least a day since the previous check.

It happens from time to time. That said Teslamate has tracked my car since I bought it and the average time between OTA updates has been about 2 weeks.

Upvote 0
I think something is delaying the MY updates. I have a 2021 M3 and a 2021 MY. They always seem to get updates within a few days of each other but my M3 got 36.2 weeks ago and the MY has not. I'm loving the new trip power usage info in the 36+ firmware that my M3 now has. My MY is my long distance car so I'm really looking forward to getting it in the MY. But it looks like there is a delay for some MYs for some reason

Upvote 0
Someone in another thread suggested that cars are not being updated to the latest version, because we are waiting for FSD to catch up to the version we have. So we can have FSD.
I don‘t know what version people have that are in the FSD beta. Can anyone confirm?
this is the case at least with me, i would get updates literally the day they got released. but requested to be added to the que and now been stuck for a month now which i knew would happen.

Upvote 0
10.69.2.3 (latest). Waiting with baited breath (NOT) for the MAJOR .3 upgrade

Upvote 0