Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on old FSD Beta version - advice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is not a post just to complain about being on an older beta version. I'm just sharing my experience and hoping to hear from others who have had something similar happen, either recently or on earlier beta builds.

I've been in the beta since 10.2. Of course I don't always get the new version right away - as is the case with 69.2.3, they gradually roll out the new version in waves, or sometimes they halt a rollout and build a new point release to replace it.

However, this is the first time I've been left on an old version this long. My Model 3 is still on version 2022.20.15 (FSDb 69.2). Only 1.3% of FSD vehicles on Teslafi are still on this version (with another 1% on 10.12.2 and then the vast majority on either 10.69.2.2 or 10.69.2.3).

I've tried every trick - rebooting the car, hard rebooting the car, connecting and reconnecting to wifi, checking from the car menu, logging out of the Tesla app, etc. At this point I have to assume that Tesla still has this version 'assigned' to my car.

So my question is - anyone else in this boat now? Or has anyone had this happen with previous versions? I'm really just interested to know whether eventually just resolves itself, or if there is something else you have to do. I've noticed that 100% of the 10.69.2.3 installs came from 10.69.2.2, so I'm a little concerned that my car will just be left behind going forward.

Thanks in advance for any advice/experience you can share.

Examples of new profound features in the past:

1) Summon: People were excited to get it and tried it until it kept on colliding with garage door frames... then it's not profound after all.

2) Smart Summon: People were excited to get it and tried it until it kept on colliding with curbs and other cars...then it's not profound after all.

3) City Streets: Plain FSD can't turn at the city street intersection before, so people were excited to get FSD beta and tried it until it try to collide with obstacles and ruin their tires by hitting the road shoulders...then it's not profound after all.

All of the following updates from your FSD beta will not have anything newly profound at all.

You will get incremental improvements, so you don't have to do too many interventions in one trip.

Although Tesla said that all its cars are now installed with hardware for self-driving since 2016, but by now, you should know that no matter how many updates you get, its hardware is unable to do self-driving.

The location of its cameras can't even do a simple 360-degree bird's eye view for customers (It can but only in all those advanced AI lectures). Now that it's severely handicapped without sonars and radars, there's no way that it can do self-driving.