Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on old software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume you took delivery recently as the three digit firmware code usually denotes a delivery firmware version. For reference, I received my first software update 41 days after taking delivery and this seems to be about the norm. Just hang in there! Your phone app will notify you when an update is finally available.

Same here when I got mine. Tesla service said it can take 3 weeks or so for the factory fork of firmware to be integrated with the main release channel software. I’m not a dev but I assume that makes sense to a dev?
Lol, I am a dev and yes, that make sense. I think this has been more prevalent since the chip shortage because Tesla has had to switch chips on the fly so the controllers and drivers are different on a week to week basis. But new stable features were probably only tested on legacy hardware so the additional time is validation of the test suite across the range.

The delivery representatives probably need to do a better job of explaining this to new owners. At least once a month like clockwork a new owner will post this exact same question. Maybe the mods should make a what to expect for new owners sticky.

The delivery representatives probably need to do a better job of explaining this to new owners. At least once a month day like clockwork a new owner will post this exact same question. Maybe the mods should make a what to expect for new owners sticky.
(fixed it for you, lol)

All kidding aside (actually, saying some form of "why have I not gotten a software update" is posted once a day is not an exaggeration), even if a mod took the time to write this up, this question would still be posted probably once a day.