Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on "provide insurance" with no VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In some states you have to show an insurance policy for the exact vehicle you are buying. In others you only need to show that you have a current policy for some vehicle. With most if not all insurance companies you have a grace period of 7 to 30 days of coverage when you add or replace a vehicle.

Once you get the VIN, you can update your insurance not get a new insurance company.

View this as a placeholder.

Just got another text (3 hours after the vin text), giving me options for wed or thu delivery. I asked for wed, of course.

Let's see.
Website is still stuck at insurance page

If my experience is representative , then don't bother refresh your order page...

I wonder how many LRAWD w/o FSD is being delivered. I do live in fremont, where Tesla factory is, although the 27xx vin seems to suggest it wasn't just built.

I called tesla a few days ago asking for lower loan interest. The Tesla person, from sf bay area, told me to email autofinance instead. I asked him whether my delivery will be in june after factory reopens. He said he would do his best trying to match me with a car sooner. I think that call got me this vin and potentially wed's delivery.

Can't wait!

Just got another text (3 hours after the vin text), giving me options for wed or thu delivery. I asked for wed, of course.

Let's see.
Website is still stuck at insurance page

If my experience is representative , then don't bother refresh your order page...

I wonder how many LRAWD w/o FSD is being delivered. I do live in fremont, where Tesla factory is, although the 27xx vin seems to suggest it wasn't just built.

I called tesla a few days ago asking for lower loan interest. The Tesla person, from sf bay area, told me to email autofinance instead. I asked him whether my delivery will be in june after factory reopens. He said he would do his best trying to match me with a car sooner. I think that call got me this vin and potentially wed's delivery.

Can't wait!

website now updated with VIN and final payment. a day later than delivery assistant's text. appointment confirmed on Wed 4/8. though i live in fremont, it will still be home delivery. i guess the touchless thing. too bad no credit card paying option for the down payment (~ $12k, wanted to make sure monthly payment < $1000).