TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Stuck on Recording...

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Skotty, May 17, 2016.

1. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

Anyone had the UI get stuck on Recording... before? Today I pressed the voice control button, gave it a command, it put up the Recording... alert on the instrument cluster, and it just stayed that way. It didn't respond, no processing, nothing. And now the voice control button doesn't work anymore. Leaving the car for awhile didn't fix it. Next up I guess is the reboot.

Remember how I created a thread awhile back just for the purpose of having someone explain how to do the various screen reboots? This is why. Have to go look that thread up now.

[​IMG]

2. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

For the record, rebooting the instrument cluster cleared the Recording... alert but didn't fix the voice control. Rebooting the center display fixed the voice control.

3. Nevek

Nevek Overt Member

It's funny how used to the phrase "reboot the car" you can become. Just a couple of years ago that would have given me a sore toe.

The eternal and universal panacea for computer gear everywhere has make a giant leap.

4. Boatguy

Boatguy Member

Rebooting the car was the punch line of a joke about if Microsoft made software for cars, now it's become reality without Microsoft!

• Like x 1