Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck on "Software Update in Progress"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of Model 3 on May 9. Tesla customer service forced down 12.1.2 update on May 10 because I was having GPS issues. The next day my app (Android) started working - but ever since it's been stuck on "Software update in progress" instead of "Parked". Also noticed in the Software tab of console it states "Update Started".

According to all Tesla customer service reps I've spoken to, I'm fully updated to 12.1.2.

I've tried the usual (i.e. rebooting console, uninstalling/reinstalling app) with no luck. Car is always connected to WiFi at home - every night.

Anyone else ever have this issue? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Have you tried using the “power off” option from the safety and security menu? If not try that and leave the car completely alone for at least 3 minutes before turning it back on again.

Also, about the screenshot you shared. I hope that’s not your home address. If it is you may want to edit it to remove your address. I’d also suggest removing the last part of your VIN.

Have you tried using the “power off” option from the safety and security menu? If not try that and leave the car completely alone for at least 3 minutes before turning it back on again.

Also, about the screenshot you shared. I hope that’s not your home address. If it is you may want to edit it to remove your address. I’d also suggest removing the last part of your VIN.
Thanks removed screenshot. And trying the power off suggestion. I'll updated with results! Appreciate the help.