Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck showing download available after 2022.8.3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after installing 2022.8.2 I noticed the download symbol stayed lit in green. I checked if a newer install was actually pending but it says I am up to date. Do others see this? Am I misinterpreting what a green download symbol means? I would assume a green symbol means there is a pending download. Grey should be no software pending.
Photo attached of my software page after 2022.8.2 install and a reboot.
20220323_170036.jpg

To me, that looks like the icon displayed when you’re saving dashcam clips. I think the software download icon is at the top of the main touchscreen (and not present in your photo). Still getting used to V11, so I might be wrong. In any case, I think you’re up to date.

When I click the green down arrow button it takes me to the software page so I believe it is the download button. I checked my Tesla app and it's is showing "Downloading 100%" indefinitely. So I believe I am one of the lucky few stuck at 100%. Need to try a full shutdown/restart.

CaboJoe I have the same issue now with 2022.28.2
Phone app says downloading (38%) and has been stuck this way for over a day now. Car shows green downloading icon on screen as in your image above. Connected to Wi-Fi here at home and just tried a screen reboot with no results (scroll wheel buttons press and hold).
How did you overcome this issue?
Much thanks.

CaboJoe I have the same issue now with 2022.28.2
Phone app says downloading (38%) and has been stuck this way for over a day now. Car shows green downloading icon on screen as in your image above. Connected to Wi-Fi here at home and just tried a screen reboot with no results (scroll wheel buttons press and hold).
How did you overcome this issue?
Much thanks.
Replying my own comment as others have said to call Tesla and they can reset the download without going in, will give it a try. Hate it when threads run cold without solutions posted.

Reactions: m5james
Solution: through the Tesla app go to SERVICE > Request Service > Infotainment > Software Update. Type in a few lines of what the issue is. The app will provide a possible solution, just ignore and proceed. I think it said ‘contact me’ or something along those lines. About 60-90 later I checked my App and the hung download was gone and replaced with a message that the latest software was downloaded and whether I would like to install it on the car. SOLVED.

I received a call a few hours ago from Tesla, it was a Fremont number, inquiring if everything had gone through ok.

Hope this helps