Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck trunk latch (black plug “fix” not working)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is the same sort of issue that’s been posted here a bunch, and I’ve watched a video about removing the carpet and panel in the back, plugging and unplugging the black plug to make the liftgate open. When I remove and replace the plug there is the click of a small relay energizing inside the lift gate electrical box, but no noise from the latching mechanism. Also, the hatch sometimes tries to open but it seems like it is stopped by the latching mechanism, and if I try to pull the emergency release there is no give to the wire. It’s as if the wire for the emergency release is already fully extended and so pulling it does nothing, and it doesn’t return. Do I just need to keep trying the plug until something gives? It’s super annoying mostly because of the driving features that are unavailable when the car thinks the rear hatch is open. I’ve read that temps may be a culprit - I’m in Georgia and we’ve had some cold weather, but I don’t believe my garage has gotten anywhere south of about 50 or 40F, if that. Thanks for any advice.