Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stuck with FSD beta suspension on 10.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So am I correct that there appears to be three of us in this situation? That’s a tiny number of people. Tesla obviously doesn’t care about three cars. It seems like we need to opt out, if we ever want to move forward on firmware. I’m just not sure how to opt out at this point, since they don’t respond to my emails.
I don't believe TMC is representative of everyone having this issue. I do agree its probably an insignificant number in Tesla's eyes. But I'm also sure they'll take care of us at some point too.

Reactions: TresLA
Many have said that a hard reset (hold both scroll wheels with foot on brake until reset, keeping foot on brake until Tesla T shows on screen) will fix this. Two resets may be required per some comment
Tried this and a few other resets I found online. No luck. Also issues with Sentry now as well. Won’t stay on/intermittent. Nothing but trouble since getting this update to my 2020 Y.

I wish I could be as zen about it as you, Division. But I’m really unhappy about this. First of all, I believe my being suspended was nonsense. It all happened very fast, and on an empty country road, with no warning. My safety score was a 99, with a lot of driving behind it (I can’t remember the odometer, but it was at least 1000 miles.) I’m a safe driver. Second I am stuck on 10.5 which is just not good software. It would be one thing to be stuck on a good firmware, but 10.5 is garbage. The Phantom breaking sucks! Third, not getting the holiday update is just an insult. And lastly, that there is no way to opt out seems borderline dubious from a legal perspective since the software is so bad, it is clearly a safety issue.

I mean, really, Tesla, at least give me a way to opt out, and to go back to the regular firmware!
Agree. Can’t even opt out.. what the hell are we suppose to do? Got FSD several years ago and this is how we get treated. We should be the first ones to get the update

Same boat here. Unfair 2 of my 3 strikes were at a dead stop. Tried to let the system know I was paying attention but the torque was not adequate enough to be sensed and got 3 strikes. Now I'm in update purgatory. Had been a fsd user since they first let people in with a 100.... Now I'm all but forgotten.

I had been emailing [email protected] repeatedly from the same thread, trying to opt out. Never got a response except the first auto reply. Started a new thread today and got a new auto reply. I replied once with a blank email and once saying to take me out of the beta. I better be removed or I will really raise hell at the service center.

Tesla: Amazing cars, the best in the world. But the worst customer service in the world as well. Really unfortunate.

I tried a hard reset on my car, then did a factory reset.. did not help stuck and suspended on 10.5 with no LIDAR. Its impossible to get a hold of someone at Tesla. Either remove me completely, or give me the update that is supposed to be safer. For God's sake we paid for this several years ago and we are the last ones to even get any updates.

Reactions: besnova
Exactly. The lack of communication is simply bizarre and unacceptable. This is a big deal: unprecedented software running on $50,000 car. Yet I’d get better communication from Best Buy if I had a problem with a $500 TV.
Correction mine is. 62k long range AWL bought 3 years… they can just email us or respond to phone calls.. for a 60k car it’s ridiculous especially when they are way beyond schedule

They are doing you a favor. Just be done with FSD it is a stressful fun killing project you are involved with.
That’s what I’m trying to do! Tesla will not respond to my emails to opt-out! That’s really what makes this sooooo ridiculous. No way to opt out other than someone at Tesla reading my email and acting on it. How could there not be a…*button* to do this!?

This my take, losing FSD made the car fun again. But I still paid 10k out of pocket for it.
So you lost FSD Beta like we did? And you managed to get the firmware off your car? I've sent so many emails to Tesla and no one responds and I'm still on 10.5. I'm really getting angry. FSD Beta is a joke, unless you really want to experiment and be a guinea pig. I thought I did, until I realized just how not-ready-for-primetime the software really is. Oh, what I would do to get it off my car and get my radar back!

Cjxmtm, how did you get the firmware off your car? Can you tell me the exact process? Did you reply to the auto reply from [email protected]? What, exactly did you write in your reply? I've tried replying with nothing, replying saying to opt me out, and everything in between. No response whatsoever. No change to my car.