Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Student built electric racecar!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fellow Tesla and E-V fans,

I am one of the project managers on the Western Washington University Formula SAE team. Formula SAE is an intercollegiate competition for students to work together to design, build, and race a formula style racing car. This is a great way for engineering, business, computer science, and other students to obtain real world experience. My school has a very rich history of innovation in the FSAE series. To name a few, we are well known for our in house machined 556cc V8 motor with a composite transaxle, we were the first team to use 4 wheel steering, and one of the first teams to use a composite chassis.

This year my team is trying to fund an electric race car in addition to an internal combustion car which will be powered by a CBR600 power-plant. These cars will be using the same carbon fiber composite chassis with a rear steel subframe along with a pushrod suspension. In order to make this happen we need as much funding as we can get! Please check out the link below to learn more about our racing team and what we do. Any bit of help is much appreciated and will go a long way. Thanks everyone!

https://www.microryza.com/projects/formula-electric-powertrain-research

IMG_1864.JPG