TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Stumped! How Do I lock the Windows ?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SageBrush, Jun 15, 2018.

1. SageBrush

SageBrush 2018: Drain the Sewer

Embarrassing, really ...

I found the option in the quick controls,
    And the option in the 'Locks' sub-menu (I activated both windows and doors)

And yet, each door can still roll down the windows by pressing the power button.

2. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

Locking Rear Windows
    To prevent passengers from using the rear window switches, touch Controls > Quick Controls > Window Lock. To unlock the rear windows, touch Window Lock again.

3. TT97

TT97 Member

Are you referring the the window switches by the driver seat? With the windows locked, the driver can still open & close all the individual windows but the passengers will not be able to operate their windows.

• Like x 1
  4. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

So, I'm confused. What's different from any other car? Can you ever lock electric windows in the front seats from working?

• Like x 1
  5. jamnmon66

jamnmon66 Member

I have been in cars where the window lock does disable the switches for the driver too. Can't remember which model. I only ever notice this feature when it's turned on inadvertently.

6. SageBrush

I want to prevent my 4 legged friend from accidentally rolling down the front passenger or rear windows (NOT using the driver door buttons, using the passenger and rear doors switches). So far, my window locking maneuvers have failed.

7. SageBrush

I have to correct this OP:
    I only checked the front passenger window. It still responds to the switch on its door.

8. SDKoala

SDKoala Member

The window and child locks only disable the rear seat controls. The front passenger window and door switches still work when those settings are turned on. It's in the manual.

If the rear window and door switches still work when locks are enabled, something is wrong and you should see what Tesla says.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1