Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

stupid flex pass for hot lanes!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my new flex pass in the mail and surprise surprise. It doesn't work!! I went across the 520 bridge and then got a pay by mail. This new flex pass is going to be required for HOVers on 405 and 167 with t switched to HOV in order to not be charged and crap it's not working.

Anyone else tried theirs?

I got my new flex pass in the mail and surprise surprise. It doesn't work!! I went across the 520 bridge and then got a pay by mail. This new flex pass is going to be required for HOVers on 405 and 167 with t switched to HOV in order to not be charged and crap it's not working.

Anyone else tried theirs?
Just put mine in HOT mode inside a plastic bag inside the nose cone. We only carpool. Not sue if it works or if it will hold up. The inside of the nose cone was damp. The motorcycle pass would also work, but not sure if you will get a ticket or not for using it in the HOV lane even with 3 people.

If my setup works I will post pictures.

Make sure to register your plate with Good to Go to avoid pay by mail.

Just put mine in HOT mode inside a plastic bag inside the nose cone. We only carpool. Not sue if it works or if it will hold up. The inside of the nose cone was damp. The motorcycle pass would also work, but not sure if you will get a ticket or not for using it in the HOV lane even with 3 people.

If my setup works I will post pictures.

Make sure to register your plate with Good to Go to avoid pay by mail.

my plates are registered BUT according to good to go that won't be enough. (And I don't have a front plate)

I got my new flex pass in the mail and surprise surprise. It doesn't work!!

Did you have a prior pass that worked in the windshield? I have read conflicting reports - that a toll pass will work in some Model S windshields, but only if mounted immediately behind the rear view mirror. It never worked for me, so I opted for a license plate mount. Unfortunately, this means that there is no way to avoid the toll when you meet the upcoming carpool requirements.

Supposedly the Good To Go Customer Service Centers have a reader and can help you make sure it's working. Apparently there is a non-metalized location on the Model S windshield but I've heard varying descriptions of where it is. So I'd go to the Customer Service Center and see if they can help you find the spot that works. If you do manage to get it work please post back and maybe show us a picture of where you put it.

Last Wednesday (4/29) I went to the Bellevue Good-to-Go center as I am considering a job in Bellevue. I needed a switchable pass so they are sending me one that goes from HOV/Single and is a small rectangle. They scanned their demo pass in what he termed the "Sweet Spot" and it worked so will check it out and hopefully post pictures when it comes . The "Sweet Spot" was on the Driver's side top of the windshield, about 4 inches in from the side with the pass 1/2 on 1/2 off the dotted area.

Very interested to see how this works out. The majority of the time I travel the areas that will be affected by the flex pass, I'm a carpool. I do still travel across the Narrows or 520, however, and need to have all options available. I'm not sure I should have to pay more because their system can't handle the car I drive.

Last Wednesday (4/29) I went to the Bellevue Good-to-Go center as I am considering a job in Bellevue. I needed a switchable pass so they are sending me one that goes from HOV/Single and is a small rectangle. They scanned their demo pass in what he termed the "Sweet Spot" and it worked so will check it out and hopefully post pictures when it comes . The "Sweet Spot" was on the Driver's side top of the windshield, about 4 inches in from the side with the pass 1/2 on 1/2 off the dotted area.

What year is your car? Apparently the older models had a spot but the new autopilots don't. and where is this "sweet" spot.

toll_pass.jpg
I mounted my pass just behind the nose cone on the crash bar. We only drive in HOV mode. I used zip ties, two plastic shims, silicone glue, and a plastic bag with the bottom open to let water come out. Hopefully it holds up OK. The good-to-go office used their scanner and said it was a good strong reading.