Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stupid FSD question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning a longer road trip soon. I already have EAP with HW3 and love it on road trips. Thought about subscribing to FSD for one month to test out FSD beta and see how it performs on surface streets since we'll be in the car so much. Then it hit me that I would likely never get to touch FSD because of the waiting list, etc. Am I correct? I would just pay Tesla $100, Elon would smile and I'd drive the car with the same EAP I've had all along

Reactions: Ciaopec
So, EAP owners can't backdoor into the FSD Beta, or jump the queue, by doing the monthly subscription. They'll be lucky to get the FSD subscription by the end of the year, when it "may" go to wider distribution?

Reactions: SeminoleFSU
I signed up for a month as I'm going on a couple week road trip and then found out that not only will I not get the beta, normal FSD requires 100 miles on Autopilot. I'll get that early on the trip but I was also interested in trying Nav on Autopilot and TACC lane changes. I liked both of those and got EAP in anticipation of a price hike (which hasn't happened yet).

I signed up for a month as I'm going on a couple week road trip and then found out that not only will I not get the beta, normal FSD requires 100 miles on Autopilot. I'll get that early on the trip but I was also interested in trying Nav on Autopilot and TACC lane changes. I liked both of those and got EAP in anticipation of a price hike (which hasn't happened yet).
Do you have a reference for the FSD 100 miles on autopilot? My FSD didn't require any mileage requirements.

Yes. When I tried engaging it, a message appeared that said I needed 100 miles on Autopilot and cameras calibrated. I'm not sure about the camera part as that took place the first time I drove the car. I rarely use AP and even TACC isn't used that much due to my desire to make frequent lane changes because of traffic. I liked just putting on the directional signal and have the car change lanes. I tried Nav on AP coming home on the Interstate and when I got to my exit, the car signaled and turned on it's own. I thought that was pretty neat. I'm leaving SW FL tomorrow for Wisconsin so it should get a good workout. This is a recent YP that replaced an early YLR.

Yes. When I tried engaging it, a message appeared that said I needed 100 miles on Autopilot and cameras calibrated. I'm not sure about the camera part as that took place the first time I drove the car.
The only reason FSD would require 100 miles is because basic autopilot requires 100 miles to calibrate cameras. If I had the option for FSD or EAP the second time around I would definitely opt for EAP. FSD just isn't worth it for me. Nav on autopilot can get annoying for me and otherwise the functions don't differ that much; just the price!

The camera calibration might not require 100 miles, so drive on some highways before the road trip. Straight roads with multiple well-marked lanes work the best, so interstates are a good option.