TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Stupid Post: Model S & Celebrities

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Todd Burch, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

Ok,

Time for a(nother?) stupid post from me:

Thought it would be fun, if not a waste of a few precious minutes of our lives, to keep track of celebrities that have reserved the Model S.

I'm not aware of any (Denzel Washington doesn't return my phone calls anymore), but I wonder if there will be a lot of overlap (or defectors) from the Karma.

2. jcstp

jcstp Active Member

I think they will just buy both! And finaly keep the gasguzler in the garage? :confused::biggrin::wink:

3. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

Yeah, I'm not aware of any myself. Compared to the Karma the Model S looks a bit more pedestrian, so no immediate "cool-cred" IMO. Once people find out what makes the car so cool though, they'll probably be everywhere, and lack of exclusivity once again equals no cool cred.

4. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

#4 vfx, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2012
    A few female celebs have been mentioned on these pages.
    The first episode of US Top Gear's guest had one on order.

edit add: he is Dominic Monohan

5. Dan5

Dan5 Member

I do believe Robert Carlyle (or at least someone who looked like him) was at the Tesla event in October. He was in the same tour group as me.
    He's the guy who plays Rumplestilskin/Mr. Gold in Once Upon a Time and he was the Dr in Stargate Universe

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

whaaaaa? He was at the event? Easily one of my most favorite SGU characters

7. Thumper

Thumper Member

I believe I saw a photo of David Ogden Stiers attending the Oct. 1 event. He was a surgeon from Boston in the TV Mash series. Lately he has done mostly voice work in Beauty and the Beast and Lilo and Stitch.

8. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Roadster owner.

9. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

I don't think the no-cool-cred part is a problem. Leo DiCaprio got the '06 Prius; am sure he, for one, is going to add the Model S to his collection that includes the Tesla Roadster and the Fisker Karma - he's probably behind in cashing his paycheck for "J. Edgar" :wink: