Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

stupid question: How do I get in the vehicle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should have access to unlock and start the car via your Tesla app after you confirmed delivery.

I picked mine up so they gave me the physical key to tap on the B pillar and that's how I got in, but my app was ready to go shortly after confirming and accepting delivery.

I did the accept thing and the app asked me to pair the phone with the vehicle, which I started, but it said I had to use the card

I don't have any card though, they just dumped it in the front, even though I said I wanted it round the back, they didn't leave any paperwork, or even call me

I did the accept thing and the app asked me to pair the phone with the vehicle, which I started, but it said I had to use the card

I don't have any card though, they just dumped it in the front, even though I said I wanted it round the back, they didn't leave any paperwork, or even call me
I imagine they left the physical cards somewhere in the center console area then.

Does the app allow you to unlock the car at least so you can grab the cards to start the car?

Your phone key should be all you need to get started.

No because I can't pair the phone with the car because it's asking for the key cards

I really REALLY hate these people!!!

(but I appreciate your trying to help btw)
My best advice is to reach out to your local service/delivery center.

They never like to pick up so the best way to reach them is to dial for service dept. and ask to be transferred to support/sales. They'll be able to get you squared away.

I figured it out - or rather my Tesla Butler finally called me back and enlightened me

The part of the process I was missing was the unlock in the app

I'd done the accept, logged onto the app, tried to pair the phone and vehicle, but needed the keycard for that. What I didn't realise was I had to click on the padlock icon to open the car to get the key cards. All the reading 've done in preparation and I must have missed that bit :(

Teensy bit embarrassing really as I'm now into my 40th year of a career in IT 🤣 🤣 🤣

But thanks everyone for pitching in