TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Stupid question of the day ... AM radio...

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by notmyfirstEV, Dec 15, 2019.

1. notmyfirstEV

notmyfirstEV Member

Ok after a few months of owning the car, and admitting its not my daily car, its my wife's, I have no idea how to tune the damn radio to an AM station. Yes ... some of us still want to hear talk radio (or sports!) and I have been unable to figure this out. So once your done laughing or "/facepalm" and you know the answer, can you please help an old guy out? :)

Thank you!

2. jkcheng122

jkcheng122 Member

Look up the station you want to listen. The 3 doesn't have AM, but it does have HD FM. A lot of the AM stations are available on the 2ndary channels of HD FM stations.

3. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

• Helpful x 1
  4. notmyfirstEV

notmyfirstEV Member

Well, at least I don't feel as stupid looking for something that can't be found lol.

Thank you for the quick replies.

• Funny x 1
  5. RTPEV

RTPEV Member

Look for it on TunedIn. There are lots of radio stations there.

• Like x 1
  6. MikeC24

MikeC24 Member

You can search for the AM station on Tune-In, then favorite it. The stations then show up on your radio screen. Because it's streaming it takes about 5 seconds to connect to the station. You'll most likely get a short ad that plays first, but the little secret is that if you press the stations preset button again it should by-pass the ad and take you directly to the station.

7. Matsayz

Matsayz Active Member

Yeah no AM radio on the Model 3. But you can probably stream your station via Bluetooth to the car.

8. Kurt'sX

Kurt'sX Member

Driving a 2016 Model X with a premium sound package.....and sure enough, no AM radio available. Found it unfortunate because here in the Pacific Northwest our weather/road conditions activate the weather warning system which directs drivers to tune in on an AM radio station.

9. seattlite2004

seattlite2004 Active Member

10. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

AM radio? Is that really A.M. radio - radio you listen to in the morning? P.M. Radio is the other half of the day? We don't need to stinkin' A.M. radio.

11. Kevy Baby

Kevy Baby Dis-Member

Not sure which part of California you are in or which stations you are looking for, but in So Cal, I have found KNX (KRTH HD-2) and KLAC (Dodgers radio) can be found on KYSR-HD2 (Alt 98.7). If elsewhere or different stations are desired, I'm sure a simple web search will provide the answers (look for your target station on Wikipedia and you should be able to find the answer there).