Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stupid question of the day ... AM radio...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok after a few months of owning the car, and admitting its not my daily car, its my wife's, I have no idea how to tune the damn radio to an AM station. Yes ... some of us still want to hear talk radio (or sports!) and I have been unable to figure this out. So once your done laughing or "/facepalm" and you know the answer, can you please help an old guy out? :)

Thank you!

You can search for the AM station on Tune-In, then favorite it. The stations then show up on your radio screen. Because it's streaming it takes about 5 seconds to connect to the station. You'll most likely get a short ad that plays first, but the little secret is that if you press the stations preset button again it should by-pass the ad and take you directly to the station.

Driving a 2016 Model X with a premium sound package.....and sure enough, no AM radio available. Found it unfortunate because here in the Pacific Northwest our weather/road conditions activate the weather warning system which directs drivers to tune in on an AM radio station.

Ok after a few months of owning the car, and admitting its not my daily car, its my wife's, I have no idea how to tune the damn radio to an AM station. Yes ... some of us still want to hear talk radio (or sports!) and I have been unable to figure this out. So once your done laughing or "/facepalm" and you know the answer, can you please help an old guy out? :)

Thank you!
Not sure which part of California you are in or which stations you are looking for, but in So Cal, I have found KNX (KRTH HD-2) and KLAC (Dodgers radio) can be found on KYSR-HD2 (Alt 98.7). If elsewhere or different stations are desired, I'm sure a simple web search will provide the answers (look for your target station on Wikipedia and you should be able to find the answer there).